How to use an Empty Glass jar to make Christmas lights

Guest makingstamps

Guest makingstamps

Christmas lights in a jar - This can actually be used for a variety of occasions, or year round with the right kinds of potpourri. Simply place a layer of lights on the bottom (clear works best if it's not for Christmas), put some potpourri on top, and repeat until you've used all of the lights, leaving the cord on the outside. Cover the top with a doily, secure with a rubber band, and tie some pretty ribbon around it.

We used to use baby food jars to make Christmas trees. You just drill a hole in the lids, and use a strand of 25-50 lights (putting 2-4 lights in each jar).

Hot glue all the jars together:

3123552335_f5f398e768.jpg?v=0

Then wrap ribbon around the outside to decorate.

Well isn't that cute - look at you being all crafty and whatnot! Super cute!:yay:

I have seen those christmas tree lights before! Forgot all about them - but they are cute!

I had a potpourri jar with the lights in it and was worried about it catching on fire initially but it never did and I left it on for hours and hours - sometimes overnight. It made my house smell so good and they are nice and coizee.

Instead of the dollie on the top of the Jar the person who made it tied a ribbon around the neck of the jar, with a wooden star glued onto the ribbon. The ribbon also acted as a way to keep the wire into place and the top was left openend.

~*Sarah~*

We used to use baby food jars to make Christmas trees. You just drill a hole in the lids, and use a strand of 25-50 lights (putting 2-4 lights in each jar).

Hot glue all the jars together:

3123552335_f5f398e768.jpg?v=0

Then wrap ribbon around the outside to decorate.

You rock! That is awesome!! I have never made one of those.:P

I personally would not use those jars with the potpourri and lights. I have heard they catch on fire.

I should note, the pic was to demonstrate what they look like. I was trying to type out a diagram, but it looked fierce.

The ones that we made only used 12 jars, and looked really cute in every window.

You rock! That is awesome!! I have never made one of those.:P

I personally would not use those jars with the potpourri and lights. I have heard they catch on fire.

I have made the jars with the string of lights. I drill a hole near the bottom of the jar and feed the lights in that way, leaving just the plug in part outside the jar. And instead of using the doilie on the top, I use a smelly jelly lid (To drill the hole, you need a special drill bit )