Moonworks Collection Patchouli

Ravens

Hands down the most realistic Patchouli FO I have ever smelled! I know she looked for a very long time to find the most realistic and many patch fans I know and trust say it's dead on and they are all getting in on the pre-buy. Just a note it ends Friday at 9PM EST.

I got a sample of this Patch and it soaps like a dream! It is definitly the closest thing to Patch EO that you will find. If you are looking for a true Patchouli that isnt perfumy, you have to get this one.

Does this one discolor your soap? TIA

Just curious. If someone is trying to find a "realistic" scent, why not just purchase the essential oil and truly get the real thing?

I refuse to pay Patchouli EO prices. I have seen it as high as $70 a pound. No way...no how! This FO is so close to the real thing that I will save my money.

Diamond K...I do Patch in a Hemp Soap so it is a cream color.

Oh. Soy. I lift my hat to you candle gals. I still have 40 lbs. of soy wax sitting around from 2 separate failed attempts at figuring out wicks. 20 years of soapmking....I thought "candles, no biggie!"

Uh, biggie. Reeeeeaaaalllll biggie.

Edited by Wildcrafter

How do you get in on the pre-buy? And how have some of you gotten it already??? :confused: Her site says "date expected 9/4/09".

I'm about to cave in and make an order here. These are making my knees weak (edit: removal of sale mention):

Ancient Incense -

An ancient spice of the Middle East and Asia with sage leaf, cedar, cinnamon & clove enveloped in herbeous rosewood and myrrh with a beautiful blend of frankincense and musk.

Celestial Sea -

This bold and brisk water fragrance opens with a salty, ozonic sea spray but what develops is an ocean musk built from sea moss, driftwood and sand. Hidden but slightly evident are crisp notes of soft violet, jasmine and lily rose that give the otherwise stout fragrance a delicate clean character.

Gaia -

Gaia is the Greek goddess of the Earth. This fragrance is a blending of freshly turned soil, rich in mineral nuances and woody notes such as teakwood and cedar then punctuated by mushrooms and moss. The clean bold scent embodies all earthy elements. Wonderful scent for spa products, mud creations, elemental, mechanic & hunters soaps.

Merlin's Forest -

This fragrance opens with green cedar spice mellowed by sultry powdered amber. Wild briar rose entwined with zesty bergamot makes a grand first impression. As you stroll through the mystical pine-free forest, you gradually become enveloped in a mellow oriental mist.

Witches Brew -

A bewitching combination of sweet dark spices tossed generously with intoxicating violets and smokey dark patchouli. Add to the pot a pinch of resinous cedarwood entangled in a web of fiery cinnamon and seductive clove. A lusty, robust fragrance with gypsy appeal!

Edited by Scented

I purchased nearly all of Rhonda's fragrance oils (sample size) and have been pouring them this afternoon. Usually when I order like this, it's pretty much a hit-or-miss type thing and many samples never make it to wax. You know the ritual right? Every single sample I bought from Moonworks is going in my wax for a test. Wow, talk about some awesome, unique blends! These oils hit my wax and totally come alive. What I smell in the bottle is nice, really nice, but in wax the scents are awesome. Merlin's Forest reminds me of Dragon's Blood alot but even better. When I opened Fairy Garden, I thought Kudzu. In my wax I smell many different berries. Excellent berry type scent. Bay and Citrus totally tricked me. I am not a citrus person, never have been. In wax the citrus is not the predominant note but rather mild. It's the bay leaves that steps to the front in this one. This will be an excellent unisex type scent and one of the first I test. Guinevere's Attraction is not girly girl like the name might imply. I can definitely pick out the praline in this one but it is not a food scent. It's a very sensual type, a little powdery violet musk almost with some praline and amber as end notes. Celestial Sea is a very strong water scent. I haven't put it in wax yet. I have 7 more to put in wax and I'll update after they're poured. Her oils are definitely worth a test in your wax if you like the complex, unique type of scents. So far I'm loving these scents. Now if I get a good hot throw I'll be in love with Moonworks :bow:

Ooooh Groovy, thanks for some of these reviews. I own the scent, but have been working on bath bombs. Getting ready to do the Avalon one for sure ... am in love with that scent.

Merlin's is similar to DB, but wow that really bloomed in wax and I loved it so much it went into incense. Dang near out of it now lol. So you're saying put the Fairy in wax eh?

I'm thinking Celestial will be a good replacement for Driftwood as I think DS discontinued it and I was looking for a salty waterish smell.

Saffron and Spice and oh that's sooooooooo nice! (Must do something with it very soon!)