wick tabs and containers

Vec

I was just wondering how you guys attached a wicktab to the bottom of your containers...or you just let it dangle from the wick holder? i use my hot glue gun..and a bamboo skewer broke in half with chrome tape holding it together like a clothes pin for a wick holder...but when i heat my containers..my hot glue get hot enough to slip around in there(maybe its just my glue sticks...i have a 1 dollar glue gun and multi temp sticks)...wondering if yall did it a bit different

thanks

I use a hot glue gun as well, with the hot melt glue, but I don't heat my jars, but even when I have heated them (cleaning them in the oven and such), I've still had to pry some out with a spoon, they are sooo stuck on there. :eek:

I also use bamboo skewers with mini rubber bands at the ends to hold my wicks. ;)

I have a $1 glue gun too. I use either that or wick stickers. In the winter I have to heat my jars first or neither method will stick. In the summer it works much easier. For a wick holder I use 2 ice cream sticks rubber banded together. I normally get my supplies from Peak but they don't seem to have the stickers so I get those from Cierra Candles.

i use a glue gun but i've recently figured out that you have to warm the jar and let it sit for a couple of minutes and the glue will stick back. i used to heat my jars in the oven and pour the second i got them out and the glue would be melted and i would pull the wick right off the bottom...just let it sit a min and tug the wick to make sure it's secure before you pour :grin2:

Cute, D!

lmao :tiptoe:

you are so bad!

I use wick stick-ums too, sometimes, when I feel brave...SILICONE GLUE!

...be sure to get the glue gun that goes with it or prepare to do an awful lot of 'splainin!

You need to give it time to set before pouring, so stick-ums are usually best.

still lmao!