Shows

LadyKelly

Hey everyone! I am wanting to find out what you think has been the easiest way to haul all your candles and stuff to your shows. I have just been putting my candles in the boxes that my jars came in and that can be such a hassle and then I am left hiding empty boxes. I am hoping you all will have some much easier ways of doing this :rolleyes2

For my glass jar candles, I take them in the original jar boxes like you do. I will usually put 3 boxes in a larger box to carry. More than that, and its usually more than I want to lift. Even with a cart, you still have to do some lifting. Hiding boxes at craft shows is just standard procedure. You have to get them there some way. Sorry, I'm not much help. I've been doing craft shows for twenty years and the only thing I hate more than tearing down the stand is setting up the stand. The middle part is okay. :cheesy2:

I like to pack my stuff in Rubbermaid containers for storage/lugging to & from shows. It gives me a sturdy container to grab onto/put on my 2 wheeler AND when I am at outdoor shows I don't have to worry about the weather destroying my boxes or products. I put the heavier jars on the bottom and fill the top with things like gift bags, soaps, car fresheners (in baskets) etc. Plus the bins can fit inside of each other under the table to make it easier to hide them and if I need a little more space I can always stack a couple of them and throw a tablecloth over them!

Have you got yourself a hand truck for hauling your boxes around? I couldn't get along without mine.

Your best way of carrying your candles is using the original box they came in so I would continue doing that and load them onto a hand truck to haul back and forth. You can also find large plastic totes that some boxes will fit in and stack the totes onto the hand truck.

I also use floor length tablecloths to hide my boxes under the table during shows. Makes my booth look nice and neat.

Ditto to what was said above. I use a hand truck (love it can't do shows without it) and pack candles in their original boxes and then inside a Rubbermaid tote.

Floor length tablecloths are a must. head over to Bad Bath and Beyond - clearance section. They always have cheap but NICE tablecloths there. I bought some oversized ones meant for restaurant use... white and sturdy. They aren't too pretty so I use a smaller nicer one on top for visual appeal.

I bought the little cart below at Ace Hardware a couple of months ago--my next show will be Labor Day weekend but it looks like it will be very handy for unloading my truck and transporting to the tent area. It seems very sturdy and folds into a nice little flat package for storage. I'm looking forward to trying it out--I think it will work better than a hand truck for me because most of my boxes are jelly jar size and I can only stack about 5 or 6 on a hand truck; I believe I will be able to get 10-12 in this.

pACE3-5436944reg.jpg

That would be perfect for me. I have to go to Ace Hardware. I store and transport my soaps in individual boxes so the scents don't blend. They fall over if I try to use a cart without sides.

How much was it?

It looks great to me, too and I'll post how it really works after the Labor Day show. On the website it was sold as a package of 2 for $199, but when I got mine it was on sale for $59 and it's nice, thick canvas--I forgot to add that it also has a storage bag.

Let us know if your store has it in stock--if not, I'll bet they would order it for you and you wouldn't have to get 2 of them. I believe it was the beginning of the summer when ours had it on sale, so it was probably gearing up for gardening season.

For some reason, hand trucks hadn't been working for me, I guess because most of the shows I do have kind of rough terrain and I probably tried to stack boxes too high on it--I would usually put 6 boxes on the hand trucks and I could carry 2 loads of 3 boxes at a time easier! So I'm hoping this one having the sides will work much better.

HTH,

Jane