CB Advanced Lovers

Ok, all you cb advanced lovers,

come talk to me! do you cure, for how long, and how do I get the best scent throw everytime?

Also do you find that a particular supplier of FO just plain works better in the advanced?

Tell me what you have learned!! eager to learn all I can!

mindy

Well, I love the look (as many others) of the advanced...I think it makes a really beautiful candle...as far as the HT, I have only found a few sofar, from CS honeydew melon, lilac, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon bunn, pumpkin souflee, and very vanilla have all been up to my standards with the HT at 1oz PP....I have tried many others from CS but, not many made the cut...also I let cure for 4 days if that helps you any!!! I since then gave up on the CB ADV. and now use it with a blend of 464 wax...so I feel I get the best of both waxes.. HTH

JEN

Well Miindy, I learned to switch to C-3 :P :p Love the look of CBA but just couldn't get the throw I wanted. Someone on this board said that the spicier scents threw better in this wax.

Me too, switched to C3. HT is not good in CB advanced

I used that wax for a few years, and needless to say I am testing other soy waxes now because I want to switch. Although CBA makes a pretty candle, the scent throw is lacking. Every now and then you'll get one that has a good throw, but more times than not they aren't so rgeat. They need a long cure time.

Being a "CB Advanced Lover" is a temporary condition. What most people learn is just not to use it. Here and there you might find a candlemaker in denial who continues to insist it works. Or maybe they've never experienced a strong scent throw and don't know what they're missing.

From Topofmurrayhill

Being a "CB Advanced Lover" is a temporary condition. What most people learn is just not to use it. Here and there you might find a candlemaker in denial who continues to insist it works. Or maybe they've never experienced a strong scent throw and don't know what they're missing.

I am offended by the above remark.

First of all...having been making candles for the past 30 years, I feel I must reply to this. We use CB Advanced in our containers candles...have excellent HT and CT, and wouldn't continue to be in business if we didn't have the customers or wholesale accounts to keep us there. We have tested and continue to test many of the soy waxes available in order to continue our commitment to providing our customers with the highest quality product we can manufacture. I am NOT in denial...perhaps just more experienced! I KNOW what an excellent HT and CT is...thank you! Quite frankly I'm not missing a thing.

Perhaps those who make parafin candles could better advise others that make parafin candles and NOT those of us who know how to make excellent SOY candles.

Without going into details, I have mentioned in a previous post that CBA is the base for our proprietary blend....90% is CBA...I highly doubt that the remaining 10% is giving us the excellent results we are obtaining. IMHO, CBA does give great HT given the right formula of wicking and FO load. Enough said.

I dunno, fellas... the manufacturer puts it like this when they compare their waxes:

http://www.ngiwax.com/wax-comparisons

"EcoSoya™ CB-135 has excellent adhesion to containers without preheating, requires only one pour, has an excellent scent throw with both fragrances and essential oils and a creamy white appearance with some potential to bloom (white frosting) when using dyes...

"EcoSoya™ CB-Advanced Soy has extreme resistance to bloom (white frosting) and “wet spots”. It contracts slightly to produce a uniform beautiful appearance, requires only one pour, has good scent throw with both fragrances and essential oils, and a creamy white appearance."

People have repeatedly complained that CBA has a great appearance, but doesn't have a good enough hot throw for them. I don't think ALL of the people complaining are lacking in proper expertise to match wicks & FOs to balance for the best HT... Perhaps what you are adding IS making a difference!! :yay:

I agree as well, I have used CBA for 3 years and striaght up only certain fo's seem to work in it..(from CS),imho,I then mixed it 50/50 with 415,I did get the best of both world's,but thten i was buying 2 waxes.I decided to go back to the C3,which I had originally(10yrs ago) started with,now i am sticking with C3.I have had excellent results with it with no problems and only one wax...

Kimmeroo

I totally agree, Top

Without going into details, I have mentioned in a previous post that CBA is the base for our proprietary blend....90% is CBA...I highly doubt that the remaining 10% is giving us the excellent results we are obtaining. IMHO, CBA does give great HT given the right formula of wicking and FO load. Enough said.

10% is HUGE, if you put 10% beeswax in (for example) you would have a very, very, different candle. Firstly it would fall out of the glass when you turned it upside down, secondly it totally changes the size of the wick?