pop colors

ILVCANDLES

I have been using them in the last couple of batches I have made. For the life of me I can not get the micas to incorporate. I think I read on here to use a little bit of glycerin and mix the mica in before adding it to soap base. Does anyone have any other suggestion cause I just can't figure it out. Thanks so much!

I mix a small amount of oils into my micas first. I just use 1-2 T. and mix well then add the just incorporated soap and mix well again. I find micas so easy to mix together. Now TD and UM's are a bit more challenging for me. I often end up with spots. Yet, I read that UM's should be mixed with water and oxides mixed with oils.

Try using a small amount of oil first.

Ann M

I put the color in a small bowl and then add about 1/2 tsp of jojoba. I mix them until smooth, adding more liquid if needed. Make sure you mix them until there are no more clumps of color. I use a tiny whisk. Then I add the soap batter and stir with a whisk. They incorporate well and I never get any specks or chunks of color in my soaps.

I'm the one who mixes it with a dab of glycerin and I don't have problems either. Color incorporates easily. I just pour it over the amount of color I want, mix it with a wooden stick and add soap when it's time and I have no problems. Odd that you're having problems incorporating them, but hope that someone has a remedy for ya.

I don't use glycerine or any other oil to incorporate my POP colors. I just take of a bit of my soap when its at a really light trace and add that to my color. I use a small whisk to help incorporate it in. When its stirred in well, I either add that to the rest of the soap batch or add more to the colored part if I'm doing a swirl. This has always worked for me.