minimal packaging for soap?

Sarah

i've been thinking for a while about reworking my soap packaging. right now it is a cigar band type label that i print, cut, and paste myself. that can be just too much work during the busy times. i thought about boxes and it really doesn't seem like it could get much easier than that - throw a label or two on it and call it good? but for me it's just too much for a bar of soap. i'd like to stick to as little packaging as possible, but i don't know about selling naked, either. i mean, i have to have my label on there somewhere...

i was thinking about printing out business cards, one side with most of my usual business card info, the other side with the soap info, and attaching that to the soap. tied to it, maybe? but that might take a little bit of time, too. that's similar to something i did last christmas for the soap i gave as gifts, i wrapped them in tissue paper and attached a business card with the soap info only to the side that was taped. i like to be able to show off the soap, though.

lol, i think that i am making this too difficult and being too picky. but if anyone has any suggestions, i would love to hear them.

I had some of my bars where I put a flat card with the label information on the bottom and tied it to the bar like a gift. Too time consuming for me - holding onto the bar, wrapping it with raffia, making the knot...

I still do my box, but I've on occasion just sold naked bars. I had sheets of 2x3 labels made up ready to go (9 per page) - when I sold a bar, I just wrapped it in tissue and held it together with the label.

I still haven't come up with a packaging idea that I like and like Robin said, isn't to time consuming. I'm looking at the boxes from KangarooBlue, but I don't know...Yea it keeps the soap clean but if you have a great looking bar I think the box takes away from the look.

I know some people use that half box wrap kind of thing. Like it covers just part of the bar. How hard are they to make?

I still do my box, but I've on occasion just sold naked bars. I had sheets of 2x3 labels made up ready to go (9 per page) - when I sold a bar, I just wrapped it in tissue and held it together with the label.

This is what I am planning to do at the market this saturday, as I havnt finallized my soap packaging yet. No prepacking , just wrap them as they are sold. I just think nothing looks more tempting then a bar of naked soap. I am going to do the same with my bath bombs aswell.

I display mine naked and wrap as purchased in tissue, I just go small labels with just my biz name and website address to hold ends together.

When I send order via an order on the site, I either shrink wrap it or wrap in tissue, I cannot stand the idea of sending it without something on it.

Packaging is an issue for me as well as I like the naked look at shows but want my company info on the bar plus I think if someone is giving as a gift they would not give it just unwrapped.

I guess someday I will figure it all outLOL