Cupcake Frosting

Here is my experimental frosting. I made this about 2 hrs ago, you can touch the frosting and it holds its shape, it feels like a hard marshmallow.

Its made with FBB, MP, meringue powder and cornstarch.

The flowers I made with royal icing, i usually make a bunch of flowers in different colors and keep them in airtight containers for decorating.

Hopefully this frosting will hold up and get harder.

post-9415-139458456023_thumb.jpg

the bottom is a chocolate bath bubble bomb

the top im still experimenting in making a soapy frosting. Its fbb and mp.

I added meringue powder hoping it will make it hard, i added the cornstarch to thicken it up so it holds the piped shaped instead of just oozing down off the bomb. If you've ever whipped mp you know that it turns into rubber, so im trying not to get a rubbery soap frosting.

thank you all.

i frosted 3 cupcakes with the amount that i made. I made a small batch just for experiment purposes and it did actually get really stiff to the point where you can actually touch and hold the frosting without it losing shape, the swirls stayed and it foamed and bubbled just like soap in the tub.

it does take alot of experimenting and trying all the "frosting" recipes out there.

I combined all the recipes ive tried..and it worked for me, if you want an actual frosting you can wash with.

The meringue frosting is ok, it gets hard as a rock no doubt, but it gets tossed out, and meringue isnt cheap.

The foaming bath butter with melt and pour soap gives a rubber frosting that doesnt really hold its shape.

So combine the two and play around, you'll be surprised at what you get.

I have one more combo of ingredients i want to try. hopefully it will work just as well as this one.

• 1 month later...