Just by Nature closed :(

cleanglow

I stopped using them when they reformulated their oils and did not tell people.

I remember Vertically Enhanced (I miss you.. Where are you!!)

Called them out on it and they finally admitted it!!!

But it took a lot of phone calls on VE's part.

Then they did add to their website which ones were reformulated.

But the reformulated oils just were never the same IMO.

I discontinued about 10 fragrances from my line due to this. I think this decision hurt them. I would gladly have paid a couple of dollars more a pound per fragrance. The reformulated scents were awful. I tested their scents in August and ordered. Then reordered in September and thought I was sent the wrong fragrance. They resent me the fragrance and then I called them again after it was still the wrong one and they finally admitted that they reformulated. It's too bad too because they had some unique and awesome scents. I just couldn't trust them after that and had to get rid of those scents from my line. The one that I did still order from them I can also get from KY as they were the same.

I'm not a big fan of AH's oils. I could give it a try though.

I don't use a lot from them either, but as far as I can tell and my friend that is a tester and LOVES JBN Coconut Lime Verbena, could not tell the difference. For some reason to me though JBN's CLV seemed to lose some strength even before I noticed consistent changes in their oils, but it may have been me since this was one of the first oils I used to test in waxes since I loved it so much. I think my nose just got imune to it and I started to not be able to pick up on all the notes. Aroma Haven's smell just like it, but I cannot remember if the scent throw was stronger or the same to my nose. I ended up not completing the testing when I changed jars a long time ago because my nose just could not smell it the same whether it was JBN or AH. My friend kept bugging me too and said that it still smells strong to her. I would defnitely give it a try. It definitely smells the same.

I discontinued about 10 fragrances from my line due to this. I think this decision hurt them. I would gladly have paid a couple of dollars more a pound per fragrance. The reformulated scents were awful. I tested their scents in August and ordered. Then reordered in September and thought I was sent the wrong fragrance. They resent me the fragrance and then I called them again after it was still the wrong one and they finally admitted that they reformulated. It's too bad too because they had some unique and awesome scents. I just couldn't trust them after that and had to get rid of those scents from my line. The one that I did still order from them I can also get from KY as they were the same.

The same thing happened to me. I ended up losing respect and trust as well. I bet it did hurt them in the end. They did have really good fragrance oils before the change and had great customer service other than not telling their customers when things were changed.

I like JBN's CLV b/c it was sweeter and had less verbena in it. I don't like Bath and Body's CLV at all.

I like JBN's and AH's CLV (they are identical twins - just has a different name) better than the Bath and Body version as well.

I am bummed because I use Rain from JBN which I have several customers that love it. It is not my favorite but it sells well. I have not found it anywhere else. I also use JBN's Lemongrass and Apricot. I used to use their Black Raspberry Vanilla before they changed the formula (complete different scent) without telling their customers.

Well, damn!!! :( IMHO, since they quit carrying NatureWax & USA and changed the formulation of many of the FOs, things went to hell in a handbasket fast. We loved many of their FOs and will have to find new sources. I really hate to see them go... Finding CDN wicks just got a lot harder...:undecided

I stopped using them when they reformulated their oils and did not tell people.

I remember Vertically Enhanced (I miss you.. Where are you!!)

Called them out on it and they finally admitted it!!!

But it took a lot of phone calls on VE's part.

Then they did add to their website which ones were reformulated.

But the reformulated oils just were never the same IMO.

Are these companies being federally mandated to change formulas? Or is it voluntary?

Well, damn!!! :( IMHO, since they quit carrying NatureWax & USA and changed the formulation of many of the FOs, things went to hell in a handbasket fast. We loved many of their FOs and will have to find new sources. I really hate to see them go... Finding CDN wicks just got a lot harder...:undecided

The Scented Bean carries CDN wicks.... are they the type you are looking for?

HTH

Carrie

Oh man, I sell a ton of their Creme Brulee, Gingered Pumpkin, Fresh Linen and use the Creme Brulee in a lot of other mixes. Plus I love their cdn wicks. They were up front about some of the changes in their fo formulations; such as the Pineapple Slices. I liked the old one better but it was still nice and strong (if not stronger) and their service was really quick. I sure hope I can find replacements.

Their site said they were in negotiations to be bought out. Now the site is back up with no word on if it was sold or if it's the same people. I'm assuming it's the same since all of the religious info is still on the home page. I guess they could have sold it to someone in their church.

Strange that they closed, then opened back up within a week.

• 3 weeks later...

Opps.. Wrong thread..

So here's a trivia question instead... LOL

Deep sea divers exploring an underwater cave near Marseilles, France, in 1991 were surprised to discover prehistoric wall murals with drawings of humans and animals; but were astounded when they found depictions of what cold-water animal?

PENGUIN