HELP ~ Splashed FO and skin burn...

This surprisingly is only the second time this has ever happened to me! I was getting ready to pour some OT Ol' South Pumpkin Pie and the oils come with little red inserts in the neck of the bottle to prevent leakage (great idea but damn if I know how to get em out easily). Anyway, I ended up spilling/splashing some oil on my left arm (and the counter and the floor). I washed my arm right away but it is bright red and starting to welt up. I don't have any aloe. Any suggestions? It hurts!!:cry2:

Jenn

For future reference, remember this FO as there is a good likelihood you are sensitive to its ingredients. After a reaction like this, your sensitivity may be heightened. Personally, I would drop it from my line-up unless you have very sensitive skin and react to lots of things (in which case, skin protection would be mandatory).

This is going to sound really strange, but it does work.

Take a large potato and cut it in half. place the potato on the burned area, and not only will it draw out any toxins that are causing the burn, but it will also help int the healing.

You can also try pouring some milk over the area, sometimes that works too.

Thanks everyone...

I got the kids settled and then jumped in the shower. That seemed to help, although when I took my shirt off I noticed that I had red welts all across my stomach where the oil had splashed on my shirt!!! It did sting, but eventually it subsided and the redness is pretty much gone now.

Whew...

Better be more careful next time! Last time it was a vanilla and it didn't sting at all.

I keep a product called Basic H around all of the time, especially when pouring gel or working with oils. I have had success with this product taking the burn "out" of my skin, so to speak. It also emulsifies the oil and makes it a very easy clean up. That is what I use to clean all of my products coming in contact with oil, too. HTH.