For a horse lover

Sndfrddy

I have a friend of mine who sells quite a lot of my candles for me. She loves horses and is involved with them alot. I'd like to make her a special candle to say "Thank You" that has to do with her love of horses. I was thinking either straight leather or leather mixed with BNL Hayride. What do you think a horse loving person would want most? Thank you!!

I'd go with a mix. Straight leather is a bit much IMO.

Though it is better than some of the horse related suggestions that could be thought of. :laugh2:

Like that dirty diaper novelty oil? Call it Horse droppings?lol Throw in a little fresh grass fo for the realistic touch?lol

But the Leather & Vanilla has been something I have been meaning to do for awhile!!

Honestly I'd be careful using leather unless you know your friend likes it. I find people either love it or gag at the smell of it. It seems to be one of those love or hate it scents.

Can't you find out what scent they like and use that? If you can't figure it out it might be better to stick with a classic fragrance or a fresh and clean scent. Horses love apples and something like cinnamon apple is a great selling classic.

If she is around saddles, she won't mind the leather scent. I mix it with strawberry and I mix it with vanilla. I can't keep either one. I call mine Cowboy Vanilla. Put a leather strip around the rim too. Makes it cute. Or pour it in a horse shaped jar.

• 4 weeks later...

i use just by nature leather....best one I have found.

And I also do the cinn and leather and call it red hot cowboy....sell it like crazy. mix it at 50/50. Both of mine...cowgirls n pearls and my red hot cowboy are top sellers for me. Lots curl their nose up when I tell them what is in it, then they melt or burn them and are pretty surprised at how well good they really smell! Give it a shot....bet you love it too!