Some things my dd and I made with resin

TexasBrat

We got Easy Cast and it is sold at Hobby Lobby but I recommend waiting for their 40% off coupon probably in next weeks ad. Heres a site to show you what it looks like http://www.eti-usa.com/consum/castresn/castresn.htm

There are other brands but I have not played with those yet. Also, look at this youtube site for helpful instructions http://www.youtube.com/user/FunkyTreasures

If Hobby Lobby doesnt have it then Michaels does but it's a different brand but will work the same. At Hobby Lobby they sell the molds too but if you can't find molds go to the paint section and buy the paint trays for mixing paint, they are round and have 10 spots to put the resin in. They look like the ones that look like bubbles in my pics.

We had fun gathering things like lentel beans, bugs, flowers and toys.

Hope that helps.

I wanted to try resin but the thing that really scared me off was the mention of the fumes. Are they really that bad? :confused: I don't have anyplace with great ventilation so I would be working with the resin outside if I decided to try it. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Gawd! I've got to stay outa the crafts section. I seriously don't need another hobby:laugh2:

Those look like fun Texasbrat! Can the resin be applied or stuck onto a surface such as a glass bowl or bottle? I would love to try decorating things with it if its possible.

Gawd! I've got to stay outa the crafts section. I seriously don't need another hobby:laugh2:

Those look like fun Texasbrat! Can the resin be applied or stuck onto a surface such as a glass bowl or bottle? I would love to try decorating things with it if its possible.

Hmm, I think so, I bet you could do a search on it. You might need a whole lotta resin and it would take time and many layers but it could be done.

• 2 weeks later...

isn't there someone on here that was doing logos in bottle caps with resin?..................................................................................................

I swear I saw somone with a keychain made out of a bottle cap with their logo. could be a great promotional/marketing tool for your candle/b&b business

Those are ADORABLE.....!! My 11 yr old daughter is sittin right beside me 'drooling' over these...she loves the horse one...I had to go back & look at the bug; thats hillarious...!!

I guess I dont need another hobby either but, looks like my kids would love to do these....I will have to do more searching & learning on this....

How do they come out of the molds? Is there any other instructions we should know?

THANKS for sharing girl :yay:

If you use the right mold they pop out. I bought some of the resin molds and I use those painters plastic pallettes that have circles. You can also use silicone molds.

It is really very easy to do, for me it was intimidating as I didn't know what to do but once you jump in, it's not hard at all. Just like soap, if you were intimidated by the lye and found out it's not that scary as long as you respect it, everything is fine. Resin scared me too but once I understood what to do it was no biggie.