Essential oils

Scented

My must haves are lavender, orange, patchouli, cassia, ylang, bergamot, cedar, peppermint, rosemary, & eucalytus. Other ones I consider important, but don't use as much are sage, lemon, lemongrass, rosewood, geranium, & lime.

I really want to get some pink grapefruit, but I've had to stop ordering as much. Not sure whether it would be in the must have category or important to have.

Wow on the rosewood! Just in terms of looking at the costs, but thank you for your list.

Definitely ones to consider here as I'm in the trial and many error stage. On lavender, do you prefer the 40/42 over lavadin or other lavenders?

I think 40/42 smells like bathroom cleaner, personally - to much camphor for my taste. I love the french, but it's $$$ so I've compromised with the bulgarian which is quite nice.

LOL! What bathrooms are you sniffing? I haven't tried the bulgarian so it will be worth giving a go.

Jeana,

have you found a good price on the eos?

Monica

I don't shop at one particular place but here are a few places I have found with good prices.

http://www.tayloredconcepts.com/essential_oil_list.htm

http://soapersupplies.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SS&Category_Code=EO

http://www.betweenfriendstoo.com/soap-making-supplies.php?category=Essential%20Oils

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/StoreCategory.aspx?CatalogID=4&GroupID=227&CategoryID=229&CategoryName=Essential+Oils%3a++M-Z

http://secure.soapmaking.com/products.php?cat=54 These guys have the best price on patchouli I have found. I called them to ask which type it is, she said it is the dark one.

Wow on the rosewood! Just in terms of looking at the costs, but thank you for your list.

Definitely ones to consider here as I'm in the trial and many error stage. On lavender, do you prefer the 40/42 over lavadin or other lavenders?

The rosewood is only for my own personal use, for now anyway. It is too expensive to put in soaps.

I like the lavandin abrailis from taylored concepts. It is a good price, it smells great, and it sells really well. It mixes with other eos great too. I don't remember what the actual difference between them all is anymore.

My must haves are lavender, orange, patchouli, cassia, ylang, bergamot, cedar, peppermint, rosemary, & eucalytus. Other ones I consider important, but don't use as much are sage, lemon, lemongrass, rosewood, geranium, & lime.

I really want to get some pink grapefruit, but I've had to stop ordering as much. Not sure whether it would be in the must have category or important to have.

OBN had a sale on pink grapefruit about a month or so ago...$5 a #! I happened to go there to order some ylang ylang and was so happy to see the grapefruit on sale.

For healing properties I keep tea tree, peppermint, rosemary, eucalytus and lavander. For personal use, ylang ylang, and jasmine absolute for extremely personal use.

Now that I'm learning more about eo usage in soap, I realize that these seem to be the standard staple eo's. But geez, there are so many more I want to try.

<sigh> If only I could win a million bucks

They have a few good prices too. And they are one of the few people who carry cassia at a reasonable price. I've ordered peppermint and lemongrass from them before. They were quality oils so I would order from them again. But I wouldn't order all of my oils from them. Even though they have some good prices, their prices can still be high on some of the oils.

Beau's mama, I used to order most of my supplies from OBN, but now they are always out of stock when I need something. Like the pink grapefruit you mentioned, they are out of that now.

I have patchouli, great on it's own & fab with lime, ylang, geranium, rosewood, aniseed, orange, lavender 40/42 or bulgarian, clove & cinnamon, excellent in spicey christmas blends & you don't use much for a good result, petitgrain, vetivert, peppermint & spearmint, lemongrass, tea tree, rosemary, eucalyptus plus a bunch of others I want to play with when I get the time.

I am fortunate to work for a supplier of essential oils, vegetable oils & other cosmetic ingredients so I get a staff discount, great for buying organic ingredients. But I don't get everything from my work if I can find it cheaper elsewhere.

I've had good results with all of these in HP but I can only vouch for lemongrass, lavender, rosemary, clove & cinnamon in CP as I don't often do it...too impatient to wait for the cure,lol.

Sally.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate the input. More places to search through when it comes time to buy more. So far basil and spearmint are still fighting it out with each other in the soap, which I hope is a good thing. I did order various others and through Camden Gray. Now if the echeck would just clear so I could get some of this stuff!