Help - Blueberry Muffin Candle

So my fiance and I make food shaped and scented candles and one of her friends really wants us to make her a Blueberry Muffin Candle at some point.

Now we were planning on something like this at some point but it got me to thinking. I want there to be blueberry embeds in each candle or at least spots of blue color mixed in with the creamy muffin color but I can't figure out how to do it.

It seems to me that if I put the embeds in the mold they would all just collect at the bottom and I wouldn't even know where to begin to get spots of blue mixed in with the rest without turning the whole thing blue.

So does anybody have any suggestions before I go wasting a lot of wax and coloring on experiments?

Thanks.

You might have to either pour the wax cooler before you stir in the blueberries or.... pour 1/3 of muffin part ....let cool for a minute and place a few blueberries...let that cool a little then pour some more and place a few blueberries etc.

At first I was thinking of coating the blueberries with cornstarch or flour but that's how you stop them from sinking in real food!!!:laugh2:

I just toss a few sort of round blueberry colored pieces of wax in the bottom of my mold and pour the muffin wax over them. They look great. I think it might be a bit more bother than it is worth to try to make sure berries are all through the muffin. When the muffin burns, the top looks blueberry colored all the way down. Yes, people do burn these candles and you should always try to make candles that can burn well even the novelty ones.

Soapymomma

post-331-139458455457_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...