Need help with creativity

I am selling some 8oz jj to my neighbor. She wants to give them out as X-mas gifts to her friends and co-workers. I don't have a company name, labels or anything. These will be the first I will sell. How can I dress them up. Also what is an easy way to label them for the scent? I was thinking some twine or hemp with little tags, but I don't want them to look cheesy.

Please need suggestions. TIA

Honestly, with having been making candles only a couple weeks, I wouldn't suggest selling them. You wouldn't want to ruin your business reputation before you've even had a chance to build it. The safety part goes without saying, as often as it's said. JMO

I've made some really nice candles. Just made more tonight to fill the order. I don't have a reputation to ruin. I am well aware of the safty aspects and would never sell an unsafe candle. I do appreciate your input, but a promise is a promise. I can't ignore an order.

You have a good point. We're not so worried about you ruining your reputation as ruining ours, LOL.

*shakes head and walks back out of the room* :tiptoe:

Added: that wasn't shaking head in agreement, but shaking head as in "you just can't take some people out in public :laugh2:

Trish your question was about how to package your candles, correct? Since you are using jelly jars, I am assuming you want a country look? How about a round label on the top of the lid? You could do something simplistic as Merry Christmas with the scent name on it.

I would assume it would be all the testing sheets we do. Just guessing here.

Yes, all the proof that you have done your testing on every scent/wax combo that you are selling, all the msds sheets for the wax, fo and anything else that you would need msds sheets for.. (or quick and easy access to get them)

Any thing that would help, should something happen (like a fire) and the consumer decides to sue, you have the proof that if burned properly you have done the proper testing that would show a consistency of a safe product.. It would also help if you tested to the ASTM Standards and had the proof of that also..

That sort of stuff is what I meant by "documentation".

I have 4-2" thick binders FULL of all my documentations.. PITA, but I'd rather be on the safe side.. You just never know, ya know?

Yes, all the proof that you have done your testing on every scent/wax combo that you are selling, all the msds sheets for the wax, fo and anything else that you would need msds sheets for.. (or quick and easy access to get them)

Any thing that would help, should something happen (like a fire) and the consumer decides to sue, you have the proof that if burned properly you have done the proper testing that would show a consistency of a safe product.. It would also help if you tested to the ASTM Standards and had the proof of that also..

That sort of stuff is what I meant by "documentation".

I have 4-2" thick binders FULL of all my documentations.. PITA, but I'd rather be on the safe side.. You just never know, ya know?

I fully agree. And it's a good Idea to have several testers that will fill out the paperwork too when they test your candles.:highfive:

well to actually answer the question.. :grin2:

i use about 4 or 5 strands of raffia and tie them in a bow around my jj. It's really simplistic but I think it's really cute. I just use a mailing label on the lid to label the scents.

if i remember when i get home i'll try to post a picture.