Some brown layered pillars

Michelle_InMi

These were my first run of trying diagonal layers. I was super pleased with the color - I'm not sure if the photo shows how rich of a brown the bottom layer is. I learned a lot on this run about making sure you don't go past your original line and tripple checking the cleanliness/dryness of your molds (I think there may have been a little cleaning solution in the bottom which made the tops a little funky). Next time I also want to make sure they are all leaned at the exact same angle and that I don't try to do the second layer too early like I did on this run.

I'm going to test tomorrow. Oh yeah, they're cinnamon flavored. Next weekend I'm hoping to do some dark gray/possibly black ones with the drakkar FO for my brother. Hopefully those go well.

post-1875-139458386074_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. I used a brown dye block from "Candles and Supplies." After some reading I saw some others have had problems with them, but my order went without any hiccups.

It probably is my camera if it appears gray, or it could have been my own adjustments to the brightness in photoshop, it was originally a really dark photo. :)