When customers ask for a "spice" scent...

LisaW

what are they really looking for? Other than Harvest I'm not sure what direction to point them. When I ask them to be a little more specific they can't really say. Just wondered if anyone else has run across this. I've also got a "spice" scent, but it smells a little more like a bakery scent.

TIA,

LisaW

There used to be a scent called spice years ago. I don't know if it is even around any more. Maybe Candlewic has one, but that's not where I got mine from. That place is long gone now.

Other than that, I think they would be looking for a mix of maybe cinnamon and clove, cinnamons in general (maybe even red hot cinnamon) and several companies have or had a scent call spice market, which is usually a conglomeration of scents (all spices -- say cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and clove etc.)

Don't know if that helps.

There used to be a scent called spice years ago. I don't know if it is even around any more. Maybe Candlewic has one, but that's not where I got mine from. That place is long gone now.

Other than that, I think they would be looking for a mix of maybe cinnamon and clove, cinnamons in general (maybe even red hot cinnamon) and several companies have or had a scent call spice market, which is usually a conglomeration of scents (all spices -- say cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and clove etc.)

Don't know if that helps.

You saved me typing time! Totally agree! Don't forget Cardamom ! :yay:

When I think of spice scents, I think of scents like Home Sweet Home, Grandma's Kitchen, Amish Quilt, Autumn Spice, Celtic MoonSpice, Cinnamon Stick, Golden Clove, Spice (a mix of cinnamon, clove & nutmeg ... ICS carries it) Grated Nutmeg, Ginger Spice, Allspice ... you get the picture.

When someone asks me for "spice" I go with Amish Harvest first, than I have them try something like Homemade Apple Pie. Depending on their response from those I can usually determine whether they are looking for sweet spice like cinnamon buns, apple pie etc.. or the not sweet spice scents like Amish harvest, cinnamon stick, clove etc...

I am thinking like Candebuddy.Grandma's Kitchen was the first one I thought of.Then Red Hot Cinnamon,Pumpkin Custard Spice, Hot Apple Pie etc.Of course these lean towards cinnamon and spice. Also food scent scents.

LynnS

C&S has a fragrance called Edible Spice that is wonderful. I tested it in my parasoy blend and fell in love with it. Its also one of those oils that has a weak scent OOB. But once its in wax its a fabulous spice with a note of fruit in there-- pear? apple? Anyway, its divine but one of their most expensive oils.