Crazy A** Comfort Blend!

In my quest to find the right wick for a new FO, I ran through just about all of my HTP and CD series wicks. The FO is heavier than what I generally use so I figured I would have to wick up... but noooo, this crazy ass stuff has other ideas.

It seems that right now it's a toss up between a HTP 73 and a CD 8 which is bizarre to me because the HTP 73 is two or 3 wicks down from what I generally use with everything else, and the CD was just a shot in the dark since all the LX's mushroomed badly.

So far, at 3/4 of the way into the jar, no mushrooms and no smoking. Hopefully it will stay that way. I also seem to be getting a much better hot throw with the CD's. I thought they were basically the same wick as the HTP's? Maybe it's just me and my snout.

:) Ahhh, the trouble with comfort blend...amazing people still use it...have you tried the harmony blend from IGI? Anyway, how about a low smoke zinc? LX's used to be my wick of choice until I found the LSZ's...they're great...and RRD's have a TOTALLY different way of burning than the LX or CD series...sometimes when all else fails with the LX or the LSZ for me, the RRD will work perfectly...I just tried out some on my new elevation jars and I'm hoping they'll do their magic!!! :) At least you have it narrowed down to two wicks :) The patience we candlemakers must exercise...it's exhausting!

• 1 year later...

I use comfort blend. Still doing testing with it. I have heard wicking is crazy with this wax. Trying to figure out wich wicks do well in heavier scents. I use the 8oz.jj. I like being able to talk with other candlemakers. It has been a great help. Meeting a lot of great people also. Very talented!!!!:D Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.:cheesy2:

I use comfort blend. Still doing testing with it. I have heard wicking is crazy with this wax. Trying to figure out wich wicks do well in heavier scents. I use the 8oz.jj. I like being able to talk with other candlemakers. It has been a great help. Meeting a lot of great people also. Very talented!!!!:D Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.:cheesy2:

It's good that you're doing research, but maybe you could just read some of these old 4627 threads instead of bringing them all back from the dead. Then if you have any remaining questions, you can start your own thread and ask them.

I have noticed recently that a lot of the threads are old, some from a year ago including this one. That tells me that peeps are doing a lot of reading and researching and that's a VERY good thing.

Wading through that many posts can be an arduous undertaking but it shows that someone is serious about learning and finding the right answers.

:D Thank you for your input. I did not know that I could go look into the old threads. New to this. Thanks for letting me know. I started looking into them last night and it was a big help!! I will still ask questions if I need to but I am doing research. Thanks for all of your help.