Which soap base????

LeahRB

I have been using the melt and pour base from peaks. I love the baseand the fact that they are natural, but not the price. So, I have been looking around and I have found the natural melt and pour soaps at WSP and they are a lot cheaper. I was just wondering how they perform? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I am really interested in the natural goats milk.

I tried the WSP bases and for me they don't work. I like to add lots of stuff, butters and oils, etc., to my bases and the ones from WSP weren't that excepting. The lather was badly compromised.

However, if you like a ready base you don't have to add anything to I think they are pretty good.

On the other hand, their lotion bases are da bomb!

My favorite soap base is from Essentials By Catalina.

The base takes additives like no other, and they ship flat rate!

They have their soap bases on sale often! In fact, I'm pretty sure their Soap Event is still going on right now! I'm not saying they are the best in the world, but I've tried every one I can get my hands on.. and theirs is the best for me!

http://www.essentialsbycatalina.com

I like both Essentials by Catalina and WSP. I have no problems loading up WSP base with additives. I have not tried all of their bases, so I do not know which ones are accepting of added ingredients and which are not.

I like both Essentials by Catalina and WSP. I have no problems loading up WSP base with additives. I have not tried all of their bases, so I do not know which ones are accepting of added ingredients and which are not.

Which have you used?

I have used the pro base, ultra white, crystal clear, all natural white, silk & shea, and extra clear. My least favorite base overall is the pro base. The silk & shea is fine when left alone or with little additives. I do not care for the natural white much and never reordered. It had nothing to do with the additives, just the feel. I like WSP's ultra white the best. It is just great with lots of additives that I use including shea, various powders, and various oils.

I also wanted to add that I have had "bubble" issues with Essential by Catalina bases. Sometimes when I put in certain additives, suds form which are annoying to have to work with. Other than that, it is great base and easy to CUT from the big block.

I prefer SFCI and Stephenson.....SFIC Goats Milk is fantastic. I have been making M&P for 8 years or more SFIC handles all additions. I have just tried Stephenson because it is less expensive, I have used the clear, suspension and the Shea butter so far so good.

• 1 month later...