Wickless around babies?

Tales

That's hard cuz if you say yes then she may leave it where the baby could get it and spill the hot wax. Or the baby could get into the wax eat some of it, if it smells like food. And that wouldn't be good either. But they are safer than having flames, and you are only inhaling the fo not the burned off waxes. You could ask her what her definition of "safe for babies" means.

Thanks!

She was asking about a newborn, I didn't think to specify that. I said pretty much what you did... that its SAFER than a wicked candle but I couldn't say that it was SAFE, you know?

I don't know :sad2:

When my 2nd grandson was about 6 months old he was constantly having runny nose and ear problems. First question the Dr. asked was did we burn candles...My DIL said burn them????? my MIL makes them. They said burning the floral scents was the worst and it wasn't the wax, soot etc that did any harm it was strickly the scent. I don't know just how true this is but I know for sure we can't have stargazer lilies in the house cause both of us get runny noses & congestion like crazy. I've stopped burning florals when he's here and no more problems but I also purchased a good air purifier so I don't know which one helped out more!

NewOrleansLady, funny you should mention florals....my MIL got a really bad allergy attack when she BURNED of my Gardenia candles.....my DH's cousin gets that way too.....

I would think a wickless candle in a large room wouldn't be so bad, but then you don't know what types of "allergies" a newborn would have; but would never put one in my childs room, no matter the age....

Acutally when my youngest was an infant, I didn't have any candles in my house.

Has anyone ever made candles while pregnant? I am about 31 wks along and have been making reed diffusers for a few months, along with testing room sprays, wickless candles and aroma beads.

***I do wear a mask and gloves when mixing FO. My testing and making is minimual as I am just starting out.***

Laura

Laura, I quit doing candles while I was pregnant, but just because I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not. I am not saying that it's harmful or not, just that I didn't know, so I didn't take the chance. My business has suffered a little from it, but I am back going at it again.