MP pricing

MarsBars

Hi, I'm going to sell my first MP soaps at a craft fair this month. I haven't seen any MP sellers (only CP/HP) at the local craft fair. These crafters usually sell their soap for $4.00-$7.00 a bar.

What do you typically sell your MP soaps for?

Also do you sell cut & slice loaf soaps? How do you handle it (with gloves and do you have one sample bar from the loaf) at the fair?

Thank you!

Marlene

Hi Marlene...I only make and sell mp soap. My prices are:

1 oz. $1.59

2 oz. $2.89

3 oz. $3.89

6 oz. $5.89

If you find that you're sales are down, (they won't be though) during the craft show, you can adjust your prices. Have a spur of the moment sale, etc.

Good luck and have fun.

I sell a lot of 4oz bars at $4 a piece. I sell them wrapped in cigar band wraps and display them in market trays. I also sell 5 to 5 1/2 oz soaps in soap boxes for $5. I tried selling these for $6 but they wouldn't sell at that price so I stuck to $5. It works out for me because I sell a ton of the 4 oz soaps and make good money off them.

I first did a spreadsheet on actual costs to figure my pricing range. Then I checked out other soaper prices at local craft shows so I knew what soap sells for locally so I could give a competitive price.