Sweet Jasmine ??

*Dee*

hey guys.. i am looking for a sweet jasmine. my husband loves the jasmine air freshners for the cars but everytime i order jasmine fo its really strong and not what he wants.. all the car freshners say is jasmine.. i dont know if it is a mix of something but its not strong like the fo's..

does anyone know where i can get a jasmine that would smell like the car freshener jasmine ?

Bleah, I'm usually looking for something better than those car fresheners! Did you do a search for jasmine in the forum? I just searched for 'confederate' because there was a 'Confederate Jasmine' scent talked about that I want to try, and several posts on jasmine in general came up.

no i havent put any in his car, i have made candles and tarts with jasmine f/o and i ordered premade aroma beads once in jasmine and he didnt like any of them said they were way to strong, overpowering. but when i did make the tarts/candles i used 1 oz pp in gb415.. he told me he wanted me to try to find the softer/sweeter smelling jasmine like what he gets in the car freshners.. maybe it would smell the same if the f/o % is reduced ?

maybe it would smell the same if the f/o % is reduced ?

Yes, that's what I was working up to. I mentioned that 'Confederate Jasmine' earlier, and I remember someone saying that was a soft but beautiful one, and it still turned out strong enough in soap if you happen to use it for that. That's an Oregon Trails FO, and I think they have a nice sample pack deal that you could get that and a few more to try for not too much money.

Warning: Oregon Trails is addictive! :P

JS has a great Jasmine Creme. I can't pour jasmine without getting a horrible headache but not with this one. I don't know if I would call it "sweeter".

One thing you can try doing is take some empty medicine pill bottles and cut some q-tips to fit. Dip one q-tip in Jasmine and another in vanilla, ylang ylang, sweet pea...etc and drop one jasmine and one of the other scent in each of the bottles. Have him smell them and see which one he likes the best.

You may need to tweek it like one q-tip of jasmine and two of ylang ylang & 1 vanilla ...just write on the bottle what it is so you'll have your recipe down. Then just change it to percentages.

Great idea on the pill bottles and qtips!!!

I have been wanting to mix scents but have been scared to try. This sounds like something I could do before mixing.

Thanks NewOrleansLady:yay:

Laura

You're more than welcome. It's come in very handy when I wanted to make my own blends or if a customer comes in asking about wanting to smell something like birds of paradise and I don't have one made up...instead of me pulling out my whole bottle where they can see my suppliers name I do the qtip trick. Having it in the bottle concentrates it just enough and no one accidently gets some FO on their nose. :shocked2: