Just Scent

Jokerjen

I have been using JS for a long time now. most of the oils I have tried from her throw well in my 50/50 mix and they throw fantastic in my ECOSOYA PB wax. I have never had any complaints from my customers. They just love my tarts and candles. So I will keep on using them. And Becky has Great customer service. :yay:

Well, I poured another tester yesterday in 4786, Sassy Sweet Tarts, lit it immediately after it set up and it ALREADY had an awesome throw! And you are right abouth the complexity of some of the oils, this one you can smell the fruity and the tartness, just like the candies, I have another one that you can actually smell the fizziness OOB. The Cinnamon Latte one, at different times you can smell cinnamon, and then you get that whiff of coffee.

I honestly can't wait to try more of her oils! Funny OOB they seem so light and then they come to life in wax. Like many others have said , never judge a oil OOB, you may miss out!

If you like fizzies you must try the Red Pop...it smells exactly like Barq's Red Creme Soda when you pour it over ice and the fizzies tickle your nose. I'm gonna try mixing it with southern style vanilla and making a creme soda float.

So what are some of your favorite JS oils?

Breakfast at Becky's, country bazaar, Stella, Euphoira, Vera Wang (any), sweet orange pomegrante, patchouli embers, mimosa mandarin, cherish, totally scrumptious, decadant pound cake, cinnamon crunch cake...the list goes on and on.

If you like fizzies you must try the Red Pop...it smells exactly like Barq's Red Creme Soda when you pour it over ice and the fizzies tickle your nose. I'm gonna try mixing it with southern style vanilla and making a creme soda float.

This was on my list of samples to order!lol

I would say 45% of what we carry is JS. Our customer's favorites are Orange Clove, Cinnamon Sticks, Christmas Mulberry (top seller!), Fruit Slices, Mulberry, Strawberry. We are adding their Salty Sea Air - I absolutely love this one. We jumped on the bandwagon a couple years ago when people were singing their praises, and I am glad we did because we found some wonderful new FO's - but we have not found any one supplier that can give us everything we want. That would have been too easy...lol We use IGI4630 and 4794.

Of course, we also love some of the scents from Candles and Supplies - and many people on this board do not have any luck with them.

You really need to test them yourself and see what works for you!

I would say 45% of what we carry is JS. Our customer's favorites are Orange Clove, Cinnamon Sticks, Christmas Mulberry (top seller!), Fruit Slices, Mulberry, Strawberry. We are adding their Salty Sea Air - I absolutely love this one. We jumped on the bandwagon a couple years ago when people were singing their praises, and I am glad we did because we found some wonderful new FO's - but we have not found any one supplier that can give us everything we want. That would have been too easy...lol We use IGI4630 and 4794.

Of course, we also love some of the scents from Candles and Supplies - and many people on this board do not have any luck with them.

You really need to test them yourself and see what works for you!

Have you ever ordered the sale ones (dirt cheap) fo's from c&s? I was thinking about trying some of those too....

I was going to start a thread about Just Scent (http://www.justscent.com/) as they looked like they had a lot of great stuff.

However, I was turned off after looking here:

http://www.scentforum.com/supplier-reviews.php

http://www.scentforum.com/view-supplier-reviews/76/just-scent.php

They have the most reviews out of anyone on that site. Every month they get 1-3 reviews posted, all 5 stars. The comments all sound like they were written by the same people. It is VERY suspicious to me. Sprinkled throughout all that are a number of reviews (about the same number most of the other sites on that list have in total) of negative reviews saying the oils are very weak and don't throw.

I hope my suspicions are unfounded, because a vendor making fake reviews for themselves is criminal as far as I'm concerned.

Everytime I go into here I get an alert from AVG. Saying virus threat. HTML/ Framer. Anyone know what this is?

Have you ever ordered the sale ones (dirt cheap) fo's from c&s? I was thinking about trying some of those too....

We haven't ordered those. If I just wanted to order some for myself (but who has time to just make a candle for themselves?!?! lol) I would, but I only order the scents I know they have in stock all the time. I am always afraid I will just get it wicked and everyone will love it and then they won't carry it anymore!

We did get one by mistake once and I wasn't impressed, but that doesn't mean they are all like that. I totally love C&S Hot Apple Pie, Peach and Honeydew.

• 3 months later...

I haven't made candles in a long time, and I'm slowly gearing back up to begin making them again, but I was always a very loyal customer of Becky's from JS. It's probably in my top 3 suppliers. I can honestly say that I've tried MANY MANY MANY of her oils, and while most are fabulous (I used to use C-3 Naturewax, which is soy, but now have to switch due to shipping issues), there was the occassional dud, as anyone who tests fragrances can vouch for from any company.

I'm doing this from memory, so hopefully I'm listing these correctly, but some of my JS favs used to be:

*Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

*Blueberry Cheesecake

*Orange Clove

*Spiced Cranberry

*Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Icing

Oh, there were so many others, and I can't remember them off the top of my head.

And yes, as far as scents go, I'm definitely a foodie. :cheesy2:

I would have to say that I am a vanillaholic! I have her Southern Style Vanilla, Vanilla Bomb, Vanilla Bean Noel and love each one!

Her Chestnuts & Brown Sugar is fantastic! My biggest seller during the holidays.

This year I'm adding Gingerbread Goodies, Home for the Holidays, Christmas Snow, Cranberry Orange Spice to my regular holiday line.

Carrie

Carrie,

Have you tried Becky's Ultimate Vanilla? If so, which do you like better Southern Style or Becky's Ultimate Vanilla?

I like the Southern Style better actually, to be it's richer, but then I like the Ultimate as well. Seems each vanilla has a different "zing" to it, that's why I offer 3 or more.

The Southern Style Vanilla is selling very well for me right now....I've had 4 orders from the same place in the past month, and 1/3 of the orders are for Southern Style Vanilla. Must be selling!

Carrie

Hi Folks

I'm new to this forum but by no means new to the soap and candle business. I have used Just Scents for years, Becky is off the top in customer service and her scents... I've never had one that wasn't good. Love her Chanel 5, Vanilla Bean Noel and Birthday Cake and my sister in Ga. drives me nuts to make her Coco Cabana candles for her.

Anna

Homecroft Holler Candles and Crafts