Just Scent

Jokerjen

Tried a sample that someone sent me awhile back from Just Scent - Cranberry Spice.....

I was expecting it to be weeak for some reason and it is rather nice (strong)

Anyone have any opinions on the rest of their scents? I have a few more from there to try....

I like Santa's Kitchen, Farmer's Market, Home Sweet Home, Cinnamon Sugar, Nana's Apple Butter, Snicker's Coffee. I know some people don't have luck with JS oils but they've always worked well for me. I use soy

I have used the following oils and they are great in 6006!

Cranberry Orange

Cranberry Orange Spice

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

Glade Glistening Snow

Coffee Cake & Spice

Vanilla Bomb

Blackberry Amber (light HT but it's nice)

Blackberry Fizz

Pumpkin Patchouli

Vanilla Lime

Hot Buttery Cinnamon

Becky's Ultimate Vanilla

Hot Maple Toddy (not as strong as I would like it on this one)

and a few others I can't recall at this moment.

And yes, there are others that don't like her oils..I haven't had a problem.

Well, I have

Caramel Cinnamon (smells like cinnamon toast) poured a tester in 4630...waiting for it to set up

Vanilla patchouli

Aspen Winter

Eff Fizzy Pops

Velvet Tuberose

ans Sex on the Beach

Like I need more fo's to get addicted to, especially in the states!!!lol

Seems though that most of my favorites are US suppliers!:rolleyes2

I LOVE Candlescience, Millcreek, Peak's and Nature's Garden, Flickers & Taylored Concepts.

I was going to start a thread about Just Scent (http://www.justscent.com/) as they looked like they had a lot of great stuff.

However, I was turned off after looking here:

http://www.scentforum.com/supplier-reviews.php

http://www.scentforum.com/view-supplier-reviews/76/just-scent.php

They have the most reviews out of anyone on that site. Every month they get 1-3 reviews posted, all 5 stars. The comments all sound like they were written by the same people. It is VERY suspicious to me. Sprinkled throughout all that are a number of reviews (about the same number most of the other sites on that list have in total) of negative reviews saying the oils are very weak and don't throw.

I hope my suspicions are unfounded, because a vendor making fake reviews for themselves is criminal as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't tried a ton of the fo's either but the ones I've tried have been great. I ordered samples before I ever read any reviews and I"m glad that I did. I might not have ordered based on some of the comments. But I did find some good oils that throw well for me and that I'll continue to use

I was going to start a thread about Just Scent (http://www.justscent.com/) as they looked like they had a lot of great stuff.

However, I was turned off after looking here:

http://www.scentforum.com/supplier-reviews.php

http://www.scentforum.com/view-supplier-reviews/76/just-scent.php

They have the most reviews out of anyone on that site. Every month they get 1-3 reviews posted, all 5 stars. The comments all sound like they were written by the same people. It is VERY suspicious to me. Sprinkled throughout all that are a number of reviews (about the same number most of the other sites on that list have in total) of negative reviews saying the oils are very weak and don't throw.

I hope my suspicions are unfounded, because a vendor making fake reviews for themselves is criminal as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't pay much attention. There has always been a war here over Just Scent. There are ALOT of people that love their stuff and Becky (owner) is very nice and giving. People write positive reviews and alot of them.

Then there is the group that despises JS and it goes from there!

It can turn into an all out war at times!

I do like JS and everything I've tried over the years has worked for me, but one... vanilla bean. And Becky is a sweetheart!

Great customer service!

This company seems to be one of those either their oils work great for you or they absolutely don't. I have never ordered from them due to the volume of comments that they don't, and how strongly worded those comments were. Is it possible JS oils do better in soy than in paraffin, or vice versa?

I use C 3 wax and order a lot of my FO's from JS. 99% of them have worked well for me in my wax. I don't find their FO's any different than other suppliers. I've bought FO's from supplier's that were highly reccomended here from serveral people and couldn't get much of a scent throw from them. So like someone else said I buy samples now and go from there. HTH

Well, I just got off the phone with Becky and I have to say that she is one of the nicest people I have ever dealt with.! I have a few that I have tested and they are awesome! If you were to call her and ask her about a certain scent she will be honest in telling you about strength. I am pretty picky when it comes to scents, and so far so good. I will most likely place an order with her next week.:cheesy2:

They have some good scents that work in soy. Anyway everyone has an opinion and you will just have to try samples yourself.

Heck I get some great kick butt oils at some companies, and then try a different oil from the same co. and it flops, that's why you gotta buy sample sand test what works in your wax!!

Karen

A lot of their fragrances have either a single asterisk (*) or a double asterisk (**), but nowhere on their site do they say what that's supposed to mean! :confused:

I had the same question! Found out that it's just an internal code she uses for where it's located in the warehouse. Nothing to do with the actual oils.

I suspect it may have more to do with which wax ANY fragrance oil (from any supplier) is put in. I'm working 4 different types of wax. If it doesn't throw in one it usually will work in another. So without knowing the reviewer's exact wax formulas (including any additives they put in) I take the reviews with a grain of salt. Heck, there are even times I think a fragrance is too subtle but testers give it rave reviews. Everyones nose is different.

Maybe not a "war" but strong opinions from both sides. IMHO ~ It's nice to have customer loyalty ... but the only way to find out is to test in your wax.

Most of the FO's I use are from Just Scent and I find almost all of them to be fantastic both hot and cold in paraffin wax, and a 50/50 blend. I don't use straight soy so I can't comment on that. I wish people would stop judging the oils based on oob smells. You really need to get them into your product before you can actually make a valid comment. And they have great cs and don't forget the free samples that are included in your order. Becky doesn't have to do that but she does. Not many other companies throw in freebies today.

The main thing is, no matter where you purchase your FO's, it's going to be what works for you in your wax and your product after you have done your testing. :)

Krafty Kandles is correct about oob scents. I remember getting my first sample of Very Vanilla from CandleScience and being so disappointed. I still don't like the scent oob but is has become my favorite candle scent.

On the flip side, I recently got a sample of choc chip cookie from CS which was heavenly oob. Unfortunately, in my wax it smells just like chocolate milk. Not bad but not for me.

Deb

I have used JustScent since she opened her doors. I've used them in paraffin and now in 50/50 soy blend. I would have to say 90% of my oils are JS.

I love the way they are complex and multi layered. She has some great ones that IMHO are too light for my taste in candles but for some people it serves their purpose....but they make out- of-this-world bath products. I don't know of any supplier that is any different. But her perfume dupes are some of the best around for a very reasonable price. Her Vera Wangs are awesome throwers in 5050.

There are some people with a vendetta against Becky. Length of time doing something doesn't make you an expert if you don't grow and expand and learn more. Alll it boils down to is one person's opinion over another's and we all have to form our own.

Well, I poured another tester yesterday in 4786, Sassy Sweet Tarts, lit it immediately after it set up and it ALREADY had an awesome throw! And you are right abouth the complexity of some of the oils, this one you can smell the fruity and the tartness, just like the candies, I have another one that you can actually smell the fizziness OOB. The Cinnamon Latte one, at different times you can smell cinnamon, and then you get that whiff of coffee.

I honestly can't wait to try more of her oils! Funny OOB they seem so light and then they come to life in wax. Like many others have said , never judge a oil OOB, you may miss out!