Gardenia revisited

Sndfrddy

Okay, I have been geting many samples of florals. So far not having a lot of success. Maybe it's my nose. I did get two gardenias. Green Leaf Gardenia Petals and Peak's gardenia. They smell very differerent to me. I have to admit, I don't know what a real gardenia flower smells like. For those of you that have tried either of these, which do you feel is most like the actual flower. Thanks much!

Unfortunately you could get 10 different samples of any FO's and all 10 will be different, especially florals. I don't know how much you are using per lb., but try backing down a bit, sometimes that's all you need.

I personally haven't tried those suppliers as I've used Sweetcakes Gardenia for years and it's a strong, true Gardenia at 1/2 oz./lb. Any more than that and it's too heady and unrealistic. :cool2:

I've been using CS' gardenia. I tried a couple form other suppliers and decided to go with theirs. I have smelled many a gardenia blossom and think theirs is pretty dead on. I use it in both M&P and parasoy blend candles.

Its also pretty strong in both and it also mixes well with other FOs if you want to tone it down a bit.