Dr. Bronners

FunFlames

I was at Target the other day and picked up a 24oz bottle of the unscented baby formula. My question is what color is this supposed to be?? Mine is a dark brown and has an interesting scent to it. I am wondering if by chance mine went bad. If it can even go bad. I was super shocked when I checked out and it was only $3.87 (they had to look up the price) since online it is 14.99.

TIA for any and all help

Danielle

To me it has an odd smell but I've made liquid soaps and they had the same smell. It's not strong but it's there. Kinda like how some people can't stand the cocoa butter smell of lotions and can smell it over everything! I think this smell is like that...may not be something most notice but some can't get over. LOL

The soap could be anywhere from a clear to a yellow to a green or brown depending on the oils. Color is rarely indicative of weather a natural soap is good or not. As long as it does not smell actually rancid and it's clear, no little floaties or mold in it :tongue2: I'd say it is fine.

here is a pic of the soap, I just poured it onto my counter. It is a very dark color and has kinda a nutty smell, not like shea, more like cakey. It is strange, not bad... but I don't think it is right.

it is kinda clear, not really cloudy. If anything is has a bit of a shimmer to it.

Danielle

post-8983-139458454444_thumb.jpg

I have the exact same soap, and mine is a yellowish brown, pretty sure that is normal. I've always thought it had a mildly strange smell, which I also think is normal. If your using it in your melt and pour, your fragrance should cover it just fine. I just made a batch with a little Dr. Bronners, and I can't smell it (the Dr. Bronners) at all.

The soap I got was the Dr. Bronners Organic Shikakai baby soap. Maybe that's why it's a darker color?

Maybe... it seems there is some variance in the shades of soap. Wouldn't hurt to call, I suppose. I have had one soap that smelled off, a Jergen's soap. I bought it at the Dollar Store years ago and must have used some and forgot about it. When I took it out a couple weeks ago I thought there was something weird about it (the smell). My husband said it smelled fine. I tossed it, though.