Couple of Soaps

thesoapbox

I have a couple of new soaps on the curing rack. Going to be making some more! Forgive the pictures, I suck at them lol. The last soap looks like a bar of cookies and cream ice cream :cheesy2:

Angi

Spearmint Guiness Soap

guinessround.jpg

Spearmint Guiness Soap with Poppy Seeds

guinesssquare.jpg

Cocoa Butter Coffee Bar

coffee.jpg

I just have issues with using beer for something other than drinking. I consider that alcohol abuse. :P But, every now and then someone leaves some off-the-wall beer that I don't drink. I suppose I could use that and not feel guilty.

Looking good there, lady. Did you cut the second one by hand, or did you use a mold with dividers? If a mold with dividers, which one? I think I'm about ready to cave and purchase a mold with dividers, but can't decide which one.

Those are great looking soaps, and darn nice pics too !

I just have issues with using beer for something other than drinking. I consider that alcohol abuse. :P But, every now and then someone leaves some off-the-wall beer that I don't drink. I suppose I could use that and not feel guilty.

Hubby and I have a moment of silence for the beer each time I use a bottle for soap.

I think I'm going to start buying cheap beer that we don't like so we won't cry every time :cheesy2:

Here is the mold I used:

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CatalogID=1&GroupID=261&CategoryID=1899&ProductID=7444&ProductName=Crafters+Choice%e2%84%a2+Basic+Rectangle+Silicone+Mold+0601

I don't have to cut so I absolutely love it! Each mold only makes the 4 bars and I use a 16oz recipe. I don't mind doing smaller batches but I now have 6 of these molds and keep on adding more. I do have to let the soaps sit for about 5 days before they are hard enough to pop out. I tried it earlier than that and the bottoms were too soft and messed up.

angi

Angi, thanks for the link. Those silicone molds look like the ones Ikea carries. A friend gave me a bunch of different shaped ones but I have not tried them yet, maybe I should do that this week.

I don't know if I could stand to wait 5 days before unmolding. I'm kinda impatient like that :cheesy2: