ISO KY Soy Whip Sub

juliejak

Does any know of a close 2nd? I'm in a major muddle, I have a craft show next week, and this stuff is my best seller. The two jugs I bought last month aren't working for me at all. Vickey said they went back to some old thicker formula that everyone likes better? Help! ~ TIA

Well, I've been using this base now for a year, and it's my best seller. I know what it should be like, but it isn't. Vickey said the manufacturer put too much water in the last batch, it is VERY thick and cottage cheesy. I've blended it, added Body Glaze on batches up to 50% added, melted down and still comes out with the same consistency. I just don't have weeks to play Bill Nye the Science guy, like I said I have a craft show next week and don't have the time to munk with this. I'm close to tears on this one, I know Murphy's Law ;-)

Thank you for your quick reply!:(

I've been using it for about 2 years now and the last batch I ordered did return to the old consistancy. For a while there it was smoother and not as thick but had more drag to it, I personally like the old way but that's what I'm used to. You seriously have to whip the snot out of it to get it to smooth out.

I usually whip my batch 5 minutes. I kept mixing this batch for 25 minutes and it was still chunky cheesy. I added Body Glaze and mixed for another 10. Now it was globby chunky cheesy.

It also looks really bad in the clear jars I use, like its old or something. Oh bother says Pooh Bear......

That's what I couldn't figure out. At first she said the last batches had too much water per the manufacturer. I think that's what I got. I am trying not to panic, but I am also leary of ordering any more. I guess I'll wait and see if you guys run into any problems. THANK you for the backup idea, I needed it to keep my sanity!!!:yay: What little is left. I was trying to put this stuff into jars and I must have broken 20 freezer bags. It's awful.

Anyhoo, thank you thank you and THANK YOU! I'm off to order in a hurry.

FYI, Vickey had another customer with my problem, and she called the manufacturer. He said they didn't put enough water in the last batches. I'm going to try adding distilled water and see what happens. Email her if you need instructions to remedy. Her other customer said it worked.

:)

I'm wanting to try the moonglow its very good I hear..

I agree with the others, I would whip it alot getting alot of air into it then you can say its double whipped etc.

Since it is different than your used to make it a new product..

aka the new Double Whipped Soy !!

You never know your customers make like it better:cheesy2:

I personally like it thicker!!

Thank you! I also ordered some from the Candlemaker. I got fed UP with the other Soy Whip. I melted it down and added the water, it looked ok at first when it cooled, then I took the hand mixer to it and got the same gloopy mess. Pooh.

I was going to try this one next (soy whip) but now I'm not sure if I should. I just started last month tinkering with lotions.

I purchased a multi-base from candles and supplies. I followed their instructions on adding 1% additive (shea butter). Then I added warmed distilled water with FO in it. Whipped it very well and ended up with a very nice lotion. The only thing I would change is I would like it to be a bit thicker, but its not that big of deal.

:yay:Its my first try so Im happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble with the new batch of Soy Whip also. I talked to Vickey and she said to add 6 oz. of distilled water to 10 oz. of Whip. Tried that and it wasn't near what the smooth and creamy batch was. I delivered to 2 of my shops and they turned it away as the consistancy wasn't what they wanted.

Anybody found a supplier that has a smooth and creamy consistancy similar to the Soy Whip?? Thanks for any leads you can give me.

Crissyp

Hi Everyone,

I've been using this soy whip since it's debut. My customers hated the new texture and are very glad to have the old soy whip back. Julie, trust us oldies, your customer will be fine with the new texture, and probably like it better, I do nothing but whip the scent into the lotion and it goes from the cottage cheese apprearance to the thick creamy lotion without any troubles...jar it up and make some money for yourself, it sells itself if you offer a tester. I use mini popsickle sticks and everyone gets a test of it when they are in the shop.

Good luck

Candy

Vickie also told me to add 6 oz. of water to 10 oz of product and blend well with hand mixer. I did, and it still would not blend together. After 5 minutes it still had the cottage cheese appearance. I was also concerned about adding so much addt. water to a product, it kinda sounds like a mold magnet to me.

Anyway she kept going back and forth from it being a new formula to the manufacturer botched the batch. It seemed to me like they just didn't want to give me a refund. I would be content with a thicker formula, but not the cheesy slop it was.

Anyone else having problems with this stuff?? TIA.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I read this thread..

I was just planing on buying a gallon of this to try,

for the first time..

I hope you ladies will keep us informed how it turns out for

you...

I hope you get it resolved in time for your show..

I would think a supplier would have to stand behind, this

if there is something wrong with it..