New art leads to bigger log mode

cwayneu

Every time I think we have run out of projects, a new one pops up. Billie (my better half around here) saw an interesting design on some website somewhere. She wanted to try it so we made six blue and gray bars in a small flat log mold I had made some time back. The FO was Cool Water.

They have not been trimmed yet, but of course we were so happy with them we (She) decided we must have a BIGGER mold. So I made this 30 inch'er that will make twelve bars. Our first batch here is pink and lavender with an FO of Black Raspberry Vanilla. They do look and smell yummy. I fear now that the next mold upgrade may not fit through the garage door. :laugh2:

post-8565-139458453788_thumb.jpg

post-8565-139458453793_thumb.jpg

Good photos Honey. You handle the computer and mold making and I'll spend the money. Wayne is my DH and since his retirement last year I've turned him into a b##ch as my niece likes to tease. LOL! He signed up here a couple months ago and likes to make soap with me. He's a keeper!!

Thanks for looking.

Ive never made a two color sopa like this and dont want to sound like an idiot but am I right assuming you are pouring the 2 colors at the same time, I just love that effect but am not coordinated enough:rolleyes2

We use a divider the length of the mold (cardboard or plastic), and pull it out right after pouring both colors. Then add a single dark line down the center line to swirl in the waves. It's fun and easy.

Thanks soapbuddy, I couldn't remember where I saw these. I thought they were really awesome, especially for swirl impaired people like me. I'm not that great at swirling yet and this was pretty and something I thought I could attempt. Nothing like hers but it is better than some of my swirls. :shocked2:

I love the look of these soaps. I've seen similar ones on another board. I love it when I see how we can inspire one another to try different stuff. Great job!

Now, where's the picture of the other one cut?

Here is a picture after cutting up this 30 inch'er. We had a couple of issues. One was we miss calculated the batch size, so the bars came out thinner than we wanted (OOPS). Second, the colors morphed during saponification. The pink is now sort of gray-pink, and the lavender became grayish as well (oh crap...).

The mold and pattern works great, but we need to review our chemistry. Anytime I get my fingers in there something is likely to go wrong. :rolleyes2

post-8565-139458453885_thumb.jpg