My new candle label (maybe)

CandleLytes

To me that doesn't look like a label.. it looks kind of like a piece of stationary. If you want to use only two colors, I'd pick something with more pizazz.. a darker brown, or black and white.. or something like that. And I think the border is why it seems like stationary, or a gift tag or something. But I'm just not feeling it.

I detest trying to come up with labels/hang tags. Those are cute though. I think maybe a touch darker font to contrast with the border but other than that I think they look great!!! Bear in mind I am still looking for that "wow" tag myself!!

I don't see a problem with it. I can see why some might have one but I think most people are smart and reasonable enough to know "her" candles don't spark or she wouldn't be selling them. I guess if you are only buying a candle from a company because of their name then you would not buy from her but if the candles sell under this name (I think in other posts she says they do) then it shouldn't matter.

I like the border...and I LOVE the same colour being used. I think it's elegant and won't detract from the product.

I am supposing the space will be used for the name of the product?

Don't overfill the space Sparky....it's a classy label

Cheers,

Hells

Yes. The empty area was left there so I could add the scent of the candle and anything else I wanted. Some people are saying it's not sparky enough but I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how I could make it sparky-y. A friend of mine suggested I don't use a border, and then apply glue to the edges and sprinkle with glitter but I'm not sure I like the idea (or the work) of that. The label is growing on me.

Yes. The empty area was left there so I could add the scent of the candle and anything else I wanted. Some people are saying it's not sparky enough but I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how I could make it sparky-y. A friend of mine suggested I don't use a border, and then apply glue to the edges and sprinkle with glitter but I'm not sure I like the idea (or the work) of that. The label is growing on me.

If I were you, I would leave the border as it is, I like it, and just darken your fonts, so that they dont blend in with the border. I think if you give that a try, you'll like the outcome.

Now I have a hard time making decisions lol, still trying to decide on my labels! My first impression was I like your labels a lot but would either darken the border or company name and see if that makes a big difference. I like your company name, it's very catchy and easy to remember.

Can you imagine the mess that glitter would make in making them as well as for the customer? Honestly, I would not even give glitter any consideration. Maybe using vibrant colors will give you the "sparky" look you are going for?

HI Sparky,

Why don't you just place a lable on a few of your candles, set them up nicely and see if YOU like it??

Personally, I don't like labels that detract from my product at all...so I use a clear, small label with the scent name just over the lip of the lid to the body of the jar. That way people know NOT to open it. Nothing upsets me more than when I am burning a candle and I have something there interfering with my lovely glow....lololol

I have my business name etc on the base of the candle along with the warning instructions.

On other products, I do use a label that is plain and elegant. My objective is always for people to think "wow, isn't this lovely", and be thinking of my product, not the label.

Perhaps write down:

1)How many types of labels do you require? i.e round, square, rectangle (for your various products)

2) What's your objective with your labelling?

3)How much money and time do you want to invest? i.e What type of printer do I have, how much is ink, labels etc etc

Perhaps that'll help with your decision process. Also I think it's important to remember that it is YOU that will bring your customers back...not your labels (although contact details are essential). Your friendliness, professionalism, charm...etc etc is what your customers will loveabout YOU...and they will LOVE your product. Your labels (whilst important) will be secondary to all that.

Cheers,

Hells