Blazing red ...

Scented

How in the world does anyone get it?

I think I've gone through all of my reds: select shades (all the various reds I could muster); neon red (TKB); Red oxide; brick red etc. I'm tired of my reds turning pink. I means guys aren't going to really want to use pink are they? Would anyone who gets a fabo red care to post a pic of your red in CP soap and how you attain it? I'm too close to axing red from my soaps (and I can't really do that, thought quite tempted lol)

My blasted Sanguigno Orange & Patch is orange and magenta/pinkish and that looks wrong lol. My drakkar, Ripe Tomato appears to be headed for a pretty purplish pink ... egads. There has to be a secret, because right now I'm looking at a bunch of road kill soap.

I have the Extreme Red which was from DragonLily. She is no longer in business, and if I remember correctly, the colors were being sold by SoapSilly...and I don't know what the story is there...whether she still sells them or not.

I bought True Red at ISOCAN from Kangaroo Blue, but haven't used it yet.

Here are 2 with the Extreme Red...

Christmas Cabin

98088867_W5t6a-L.jpg

Red Hat Society

105508330_yTjaf-L.jpg

I ran into this problem this weekend as well

making enchanted apple

I used BC bright red gel tone and got about every shade but a nice red

I have also used southern soapers neon red and about the same results.

I mentioned this on my blog this week when I showed the picture of the enchanted apple and someone suggested

"Oregon Trail Soaps is a great place to find a red that will actually STAY red in you soap. It's amazing stuff!"

Go figure! LOL! It wasn't that long ago I ordered from them. Takes a whole week to get an order here sigh. Will have to use up stuff so I can order it.

OT - That's the one that takes alot. I got a red, not very bright mind you, but a red nonetheless. But to get the faded red I got, took more than I liked having to use.

Jbren - your soaps are beautiful!!!!!!

No help here but I made a lovely red oxide with a brown oxide contrasting color...was sooo proud cuz it was soooo pretty. It looks like a murder scene when used in the shower! I just cannot guage how much oxide to use!! I already have a terra cotta colored dishwasher from a long ago attempt at this. Would love to have a red that won't look so ....bloody.

scented...i just dug out my colors..and i do have that one..and

right on the package it says...

FD&C Red # 40 Alum Lake

it is a cosmetic grade color..for lips face, nails..

and it is from TBK trading..

edited to add..

of all the lake reds and i have them all

red # 7 seven is the most red looking in the package, but i know that does not mean it will be in soap..

the red # 40 up to the red #7 is more orangey..

i have not used them at all..i bought them in a co-op, and have accually forgot about them until this post..

hope this helps some...