need quick advice(fundraiser question)

latch

When you do a fundraiser, do they get a % of total sales or total profit?

I was putting together a fundraiser for my 6th grade daughters class, and because it was her class i was going to give 50% and let some of the children help in labeling and packaging... after figuring it out tonite, i barely make 2.00 on each candle.. does that seem right? i already told one mom what i thought they could make based on what each child sold on the total sales.. i thought the numbers were kinda high... please help, they want this put together for the thanksgiving break for them to take home..

tia

When I do fundraisers. I give them a % of the total sales. I don't make as much money per candle but it is a great way to get your name out there.

Some people bump the price up a little bit but I actually leave my prices the same.

Plus remember you may actually make a little bit more per candle because you may have to buy in bulk. I had 13 kids sell over 300 candles.

I give a % too. I usually go with 40% of the total sales. And I leave my prices the same too. I HAVE to go that high because HI & Yankme are the major competition around here in candle fundraisers and from what I've heard they usually only give 25% of the total sales. I think that since its your daughter's class that your number is fair. And like Lorrie said you are getting your name out there. The last fundraiser I did got me a wholesale account! Good luck!

I offer a 12 oz candle that sells for 12.00. My normal wholesale price for this is $6.00, but I charge 7.00 per candle for fundraisers because I provide selling brochures, and deliver the product. So, I charge $7.00 for each candle they sell, they get to keep $5.00 for each candle.

I just received my first fundraiser order. I gave the organization 40% off each candle. I left the price per candle the same as I would charge retail. I also gave the highest seller a 30.00 gift certificate to best buy. Even though you are not making much per candle, the exposure is great as well as the bulk order!

Thanks everyone for the info... I get to decide whats scents are best, the form that i have has 10 slots for scents,how should i break it up, floral, bakery, clean, food, fruit??? or focus on more christmas scents??? should i put my best selling scents??

I love the idea about the gift certificate!!

what i did also, was offer the top 6 sellers an opportunity to come over for a pizza party and help package the candles!

the principal approved it today and wants me to get it all ready tonite. so it can go home for their break.

heres some of my best selling scents and a few others i am considering. please give honest opinions:

pomegranite

mulberry

buttercreamcrunch

sugar cookie

eggnog

blueberry muffin

eucalyptus speriment

clean cotton

sweet pea

christmas splendor

is it too many food? i thought of cocomango, white tea & ginger, hawaiian breeze , spiced cranberry.. oh why not all of them?? LOL

as you can tell i just cant make up my mind... somebody just tell me what to do??LOL