Looking for something different

mindy5140

I know I don't want a straight up floral already have enough of those.

I want to try something different other than what I usually go for like food scents unless it's a truely amazing scent.

Anybody have any good ideas or new scents that would fit in the different catergory?

One that I discovered by accident was mixing Ky Med. Fig 50/50 with Midnight Pomegrante..... yummy strong and different!!

HTH

Beverly

mmm, now I bet that smells different and good.

How about Daystar scents like the Lush ones or whatever.

Sorry it's just been that kind of day today don't know what I want but I want something.

I always try new scents. My latest favorite is Sage and Citrus from Candles and Supplies.

I have sage and citrus not from C&S but yes it is a nice scent.

Tried all those from NG, the bermuda triangle is da bomb definitly different.

Maybe I should just try to mix my own scents again, I'm definitly an FO HO so I'm sure I could come up with something different.

new fragrances are something I am sure everyone enjoys! I get tired of the 'same ole' too.

One issue, though, is that what is 'new' depends on what you already have. I have over 85 fos that are 'available' to me (ie they are in my cabinet) and sometimes, I just play with a few, by mixing a few grams of this with that and seeing if I like it. I've created a few of my most popular blends that way.

It also depends on how you are going to use the scent. Candles? Soap? other stuff? Because sometimes a scent I'd love in a candle, would not even be close to a 'body' product fragrance. KWIM?

lately, folks are crazy for citrus scents, my honey scent sells extremely well and pomegranate is rockin'. And none of those particularly make ME crazy. But then again, make only what you love and you might be your only customer.

JMO. HTH

I haven't tried this but I've heard of it: how do you make "candleshop" candles? Is it mixing a bunch of different FOs together and then making candles from that? Or is it melting down various scented wax and then blending all the differently scented waxes together? Or layering differently scented waxes all on top of each other (like pour a bit of scented wax in your container or mold, then pour another scent, then another, repeat until the container/mold is full)?

I haven't tried this but I've heard of it: how do you make "candleshop" candles? Is it mixing a bunch of different FOs together and then making candles from that? Or is it melting down various scented wax and then blending all the differently scented waxes together? Or layering differently scented waxes all on top of each other (like pour a bit of scented wax in your container or mold, then pour another scent, then another, repeat until the container/mold is full)?

I always thought it was layering different scents together, have you ever tried C&S it's ok. Maybe that's the different I'm looking for you guys always come up with something to make me want to make more stuff. I think I was in a rut and looking for a way to get going again.

I just did Olive Blossom from Tony's it is a fruity Floral has some notes of cucumber. I also bought their Island Kiss but haven't soaped it yet it is fruit floral too.

Last year I was on a kick for Clean scents I mixed NG's Downey Clean Breeze with Lavender and Baby Power.

I also mixed Lavender with Satsuma Lavender with Baby Powder. I did KY's Summer Breeze with Lemon and KY's Summer Breeze with Lime.

Scentsworks has some good florals too.

HTH

Barb

I know I don't want a straight up floral already have enough of those.

I want to try something different other than what I usually go for like food scents unless it's a truely amazing scent.

Anybody have any good ideas or new scents that would fit in the different catergory?

A few of my fav's that don't seem to fall in the food or floral categories:

Peony White Tea, Candle Cocoon. Kicks butt in any wax I've tried.

Indonesian Teak, FOH. Works better in palm than soy.

Dragon's Blood, Nature's Garden. Just tested in a soy/palm pillar. Kicks!

Tony

I haven't been on for a few days but the M. Fig & Pomegranate has a slight sweetness from the figs and a tartness from the pomegranate, I'm not real good at describing but it's smells SO good burning in my 50/50 blend wax, nice and strong which is a bonus. Another one I recently mixed was BCS Citrus Splash with BCN'S Wildberry Zinger Tea and it's another good spring/summer mix, & called it Wildberry Splash (I saw this mix posted on the message board at BCN).

HTH,

Beverly