Mica/Glitter suppliers??

Tess

Can anyone give me a link or something? I have been searching under glitter and Mica but no one lists any suppliers unless I missed it. I had a link from the old board but the supplier is closed now. :cry2: . Anyone else have a good supplier for this?

Yeah, I generally order stuff from both North and South. It would be more convenient if they stocked the same stuff, but oh well. I really want to try the mica in some Christmas candles.

Check out Candles and Supplies too. They have lots of different colors of mics. So does MMS, I belive.

I got mine from WSP - its nice because you can get sample packs. You can get many colors and its cosmetic grade - very fine. I got the regular 12pack sample, the "spring" sample, and the irredescent opal. Now, if you get the sample packs they are small samples - but a little goes a long way and doing it this way its great to test them in your application.

I don't know what you want to use it for but I use them for patterned BW candles matching the color of the glitter to the wax - very subtle but noticible effect - gives a shimmering effect without screaming "I used glitter"!

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Product.aspx?Tab=0&CatalogID=1&GroupID=577&CatalogTitle=Soap+Making+Supplies&CategoryID=1021&CategoryName=Glitter+-+Powder

You can use MICA in candles??? I thought it was just for soap and cosmetics?

Ok, I'm totally interested in this, so who has done this? Used mica in candles?

I've TRIED to put glitter into the wax, but no matter how long I stir and let the wax cool, it all falls to the bottom, well all but the tiniest amount. :(

I have been dusting the tops of my pink sugar candles with the opalescent glitter, and everyone LOVES them. :D

I'd love to have a "glittery" jar candle though, so if anyone knows the secret to getting this stuff suspended in the wax, or using the mica in wax, please oh please fill me in!! :D