How often do you make candles/

I have no really good workspace with a tiny kitchen in my main home, so I'm currently making more candles than usual over at the beach house. I've got a better setup over here, so I pour pretty much all the time while I'm on this beloved island.

I'll go stay in the other house for a few days and soap. I've got my laser printer there, so I have to go back and forth.

I have no really good workspace with a tiny kitchen in my main home, so I'm currently making more candles than usual over at the beach house. I've got a better setup over here, so I pour pretty much all the time while I'm on this beloved island.

I'll go stay in the other house for a few days and soap. I've got my laser printer there, so I have to go back and forth.

Wow, you are busy. So you keep supplies at both places then? I would love to have a little getaway place.:)

I have space in the back room of my salon that's for candles only. Shelving, cabinets, an 8 foot counter that is for candles and then all the undercounter space...one being under the 8 footer and the other under a 6 foot counter and sink.

I come back out at night and pour candles. Sometimes I might pour a dozen jars and another night I might only pour a couple. Depends on how things are selling and what's selling. Some scents don't sell as often as others, so I might hold on pouring those until I have a number of jars I need to pour.

Kimberly

Almost daily... But as Scented says.. It cycles..

I poured 80 candles this morning as my inventory is low..

Some days, I will only pour special orders.. It all depends..

I pour as much as I can to have the inventory ready to go for shows, wholesale accounts, and online orders..

This is my full time job, so I must pour, pour, pour..!!!:laugh2:

I pour 2-3 a week and maybe more when I get orders....I basically have too many scents to keep stock on every scent. Here lately I have been pouring once I get an order in. My problem is I only do soy so I can't have a ton of stock cause then i have to deal with those ugly frosting issues.

I have been playing around lately with valentine chunk and soaps...but I really need to get some candles poured today for my booths I rent.

I make them in cycles, depending on my available time and number I've sold. Sometimes, I'll go a month between pours; other times, it's daily for a week or so. Just depends. When I pour, I generally make 9# batches (the most I can get into a Presto) with 2 batches going at once. I never make less than a 9# batch unless I am on a "scrap using" binge.

hmm, almost every day. probably 360 days a year, 6-8 hours/day, during the Christmas season 10-12 hours/day. Dont have a clue how many I pour. Never thought to count them. A bunch. And before everyone asks "do I get tired or tired of candles?", yes, I get tired a lot (thats when I go to the movies or take a nap). But I never get tired of candles. Its still fun.

David, I really admire your & your wife's attitude. We poured so many candles before Christmas, I just got tired of it & thought I didn't want to pour another one. We were pouring every day, uck, too much! I'm slowly getting back into the routine.

Think we may drop a few wholesale accounts. I hate selling them so cheaply and wholesalers making more than we do on a candle. To heck with getting our product out there! Business for 2008 was good for us and I want to concentrate on web sales for 2009. Carole

I pour thousands between August and Jan. Then it slows down, so I concentrate on soap and whipped butters and lip balms. Things are usually steady until summer. Then I have fun in the sun, drink beer and garden. I love all my lavender and herbs! It is a fun cycle. I have been thinking though. I need to spread out my pouring a little more during the summer, so I am not so bogged down from August till Jan. I love my "play" time though!