darn these bevelers

Ruina

I love beveled soap but :mad:

I bought the one from Kangeroo Blue and can't get the bevels right. There's no guide on the darn thing. Am I doing something wrong?

Then I got the one from For Crafts Sake and it scratches the tops & bottoms when you slide it.

I tried the potato peeler but I totally suck.

Anyone knows of a better beveler? Anyone tried the one from TOG?

I agree with Scent Cellar. I got mine from Kangaroo Blue too. Practice with old soap scraps till you get the hang of it. Pretty soon, you'll be wanting to bevel EVERY bar of soap you can get your hands on. lol

I love my beveler. :)

oh, but be careful. I cut myself really bad more than once beveling soaps. That blade really slices. Whoa!

I have the one from For Crafts Sake (before they apparently started making them with a different material), the one from KB and one from I believe it is Lotion Crafter. I love the one from Lotion Crafter. When I get to my other computer, I'll double check that and post the link to it. It does a different type of bevel than all the other bevelers.

Thanks Meridith for that link. Looks like the beveling is done without any guides similar to the one from KB. I just can't get the hang of getting all the sides exactly the same when beveling freehand like that.

BarbaraAL, I have one of those. That's what I've been doing until I learn to bevel correctly.

Thanks Meridith for that link. Looks like the beveling is done without any guides similar to the one from KB. I just can't get the hang of getting all the sides exactly the same when beveling freehand like that.

BarbaraAL, I have one of those. That's what I've been doing until I learn to bevel correctly.

No, it has guidlines and is not hard to get a bevel. There are actually pretty nice size grooves to follow. It is nothing like the one from KB. Much easier IMO. I have both. Also, unlike the one from FCS, it is easy to bevel un-even soaps.

If you or someone you know is handy, try looking at this thread. As is says a few posts down, my hub made me a beveler like this and it works perfect every time and I didn't have to get used to it to use it. I just started bevelling away. the degree of the angle of the wood will determine the depth of the bevel, so you may have to play with that a bit, but other than that, I love mine. :)

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72651

Jcandleattic, I forgot about that one. I had seen the thread awhile back. Gots to find me someone to do one for me. If not, I'll have to order the one Meridith recommended.

Meridith, I may have to order that one & see for myself. Thanks for your help.

• 5 weeks later...