Soy Container Wax

Which one is your favorite soy (no paraffin added) container wax?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is your favorite soy (no paraffin added) container wax?

• KY-125
    • KY-Pure Soy
    • Eco Soya 135
    • Eco Soya CB Advanced
    • Eco Soya CB Pure
    • Calsoy CB-3
    • Cargill C-3
    • EL Millennium
    • ADM
    • Other

Which at is your favorite soy container wax?

EDITED TO ADD: If you pick "other" please indicate which one in a reply post to this thread. Thanks! Seems like other is most popular and I have a feeling it may be a lot of EZ soys or maybe Millcreek.

I forgot to add EZ Soy. I had it on there and then when I changed it a bit I forgot to add it back in. I assume the others that have been voted for would be EZ Soy and Just Scent soy. Are there any others that I am forgetting?

What are the "Other" brands in the poll? Since "Other" has the most votes, I'm curious. I have Cierra Candle Making Supply in my back yard, so buying Calsoy CB3 would be convenient. However, if it's not up to snuff, then it's not worth it. I'm also looking for a wax that's produced by an enviro-friendly company. Opinions?

I'm just starting the soy candle making thing, so all this info is VERY helpful.

Thanks!

I have been using soy wax for 5 years. I use different soy wax depending on the situation. I currently use ez soy when I go to shows or for the candles that I supply to stores. The reason is is for the appearance. I get no frosting and a decent scent throw. When making large quanities the appearance is importtant.I love the scent throw in the enchanted lites soy but the wax is touchy with frosting. I have been testing there millenium blend and have been having better results with frosting. I tested ky 125 and it is very similar to the ez soy.I also live in WI so shipping is cheaper to buy the ez soy. I just wished bcn fragrances were better.

I forgot to add price. It is about 35.00 for 50lbs. My dad also makes candles.We have probably made about 20,000 candles and have had the best luck with ez soy with no frosting at all. We double wick with cd wicks.With the money I save on wax I can go out and have a beer and a steak or buy more fragrances. :yay::shocked2::P:yay:

Those are not all pure soy blends. Most of those have cotton and other stuff we are not to know about.

Hi Jacob,

Yes, I do know that those are not 100% pure soy (except for maybe the KY Pure Soy and the EcoSoya Pure), but as far as I know none of them have "paraffin" in them -- not a paraffin/soy, like a 50/50. I did not want to include the paraffin/soy in the "other." However, I am not real familiar with Enchanted Lites of the EZ Soy. But I did not think they had paraffin in them. Do they?

I have been using soy wax for 5 years. I use different soy wax depending on the situation. I currently use ez soy when I go to shows or for the candles that I supply to stores. The reason is is for the appearance. I get no frosting and a decent scent throw. When making large quanities the appearance is importtant.I love the scent throw in the enchanted lites soy but the wax is touchy with frosting. I have been testing there millenium blend and have been having better results with frosting. I tested ky 125 and it is very similar to the ez soy.I also live in WI so shipping is cheaper to buy the ez soy. I just wished bcn fragrances were better.

Hi Ike,

That sounds like a great idea to me. I know exactly what you mean....for the reasoning behind doing it that way. I have been leaning that way myself. :)

What are the "Other" brands in the poll? Since "Other" has the most votes, I'm curious. I have Cierra Candle Making Supply in my back yard, so buying Calsoy CB3 would be convenient. However, if it's not up to snuff, then it's not worth it. I'm also looking for a wax that's produced by an enviro-friendly company. Opinions?

I'm just starting the soy candle making thing, so all this info is VERY helpful.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am wondering the same thing. I had EZ soy on there and then when I made a change I forgot to put it back in. Most have not tried the Calsoy CB-3 mainly because you need to get it on the west side. It has a great throw and if you use the frostop you do not get the frosting, but it is not the easiest soy to work with -- not for me anyway. It burns REALLY slow (hard to get the residue off the sides even with double wicking) but that can be a good thing too -- especially if one likes to double wick. Even though it has its quirks it is a great soy but probably has more quirks like the pure soy has.

~Holly :)

I don't have alot of experience with soy, but I had 50 lbs of Astorlite S1 and it seemed like a decent enough wax, then I had to find another. Since MillCreek is close, and 50 lbs costs about $51.00 with shipping included to my door, I've learned to work with it. I also have worked with Candlemaker's Store's Natural Soy, and I liked it alot, but I don't want to go through alot more testing just now. MC frosts a little, especially on heavy FOs.

Hi Jacob,

Yes, I do know that those are not 100% pure soy (except for maybe the KY Pure Soy and the EcoSoya Pure), but as far as I know none of them have "paraffin" in them -- not a paraffin/soy, like a 50/50. I did not want to include the paraffin/soy in the "other." However, I am not real familiar with Enchanted Lites of the EZ Soy. But I did not think they had paraffin in them. Do they?

Enchanted Lites nor EZ soy has paraffin in them. EZ soy is very similar to KY Puresoy. There was a discussion on here not too long ago about it and Vicky stated that EZ soy and KY Puresoy were pretty much the same wax.