What I've worked on this xmas for gifts

Ruina

Here goes. I'm so awful at taking pictures so bear with me.

Liquid soap following Soapfreak's fabulous instructions.

liquidsoap2_cropd72dpi.jpg

Mp cupcakes using fbb mixed with mp for frosting. The frosting didn't dry as hard as I would have liked.

cupcakes_cropd72dpi.jpg

A few goodies for the kiddies.

ducks_cropd72dpi.jpg

crayons_cropd72dpi.jpg

What a beautiful job Ruina! Everything is just done to so perfection...If you don't mind me asking, but how did you do your frosting on the cupcakes? I do frosting on my little muffin melts and it is so time consuming....Maybe you might have an easier way I could learn from....or is the whole cupcake a mold?

Thanks and awesome job!

Trappeur

Thank you everyone for your kind compliments. I usually don't post pictures very often, but I worked really hard getting these ready for Christmas and wanted to know what others thought about them.

Trappeur, the cupcake is not a mold. I did the cups first and then followed these instructions on the frosting using FBB from BB since that's the only place I can purchase a small amount. I did partial recipe since the amount stated on the video is too much frosting for my needs. I did a ratio of 1:1 plus glycerin. I was able to frost the cups without using anything for "glue". The frosting stayed on. Its just not as hard as I thought it would be. Link for video on frosting:

http://www.goplanetearth.com/project_soap_frosting.html

WendyByTheBay, yes the LS is from scratch. I followed soapfreak's instructions posted on the Dish. It was easier than I thought it would be. It does take a bit more time than bar soap.

Sure but I scooped them out and put into a separate jar with more boiling water. After the chunks diluted, I added some back and some I saved to use for my foamer bottles. I didn't want to add all of it back cause I didn't want my gel to be too runny. It does take a bit of time but I ended up with no chunks and all of it usable.

Mine wasn't anything so pretty - I tried some clay mask recipes from Sydney Essential Oil Company and some nice hand cream recipes from Aussie Soap Supplies (one used dimethicone & cyclomethicone which I'd not tried before; the other used olive oil derivatives - including the emulsifiers). I'd take a picture but they all went!

The tips on the cupcakes were great, thanks!:yay: