Melter?

I would take my money and go buy a couple Turk N Surf Turkey fryers. I just bought my second one last night. It was $99 at Academy Sports. They heat up fast and the wax is read to go in about an hour. They hold over 40lbs of wax.

Tonight in 2 1/2 hours I poured 350 Jelly Jars and a couple dozen 18oz Mercantile candles. I had to stop pouring because I ran out of space. For the money I think this is a much better way to go. I should have made this investment a year or so ago. I am cranking out candles like a wild woman! :)

Do a search on this board .. they have been discussed often.

HTH,

Chele

I would take my money and go buy a couple Turk N Surf Turkey fryers. I just bought my second one last night. It was $99 at Academy Sports. They heat up fast and the wax is read to go in about an hour. They hold over 40lbs of wax.

Tonight in 2 1/2 hours I poured 350 Jelly Jars and a couple dozen 18oz Mercantile candles. I had to stop pouring because I ran out of space. For the money I think this is a much better way to go. I should have made this investment a year or so ago. I am cranking out candles like a wild woman! :)

Do a search on this board .. they have been discussed often.

HTH,

Chele

Hi....You sound really busy! How do you get the wax out of it?

It has a drain spout that you can use to fill a pour pot. You must remember though to ALWAYS keep the coils covered with wax or you may have Old Faithful spurting wax!

I don't know if you are new to candle making in general, but you can always start out with a simple presto pot or two. If you are ready for larger production an electric turkey fryer is awesome... just do a search using the search tool above and you'll see how many people love them. This time of year, you can pick them up dirt cheap at many places. Wally World online has them for $99 with free shipping to a store near you.

Same here. I ordered one on Walmart's site and had it delivered to the store. It has been the best $98 I have ever spent! Wax melts in about 35 minutes for me and I'm ready to roll almost before I can get the jars marked, wicked and lined up. I love this thing.

I would take my money and go buy a couple Turk N Surf Turkey fryers.

I should have made this investment a year or so ago. I am cranking out candles like a wild woman! :)

mpw2d.jpg Anyone use one of these? Top is this the ones you were having problems with before? This is local too me ...I can pick it up, but I dont want to waste a dollar on a bad product. If anyone knows anything about these please let me know...THANKS

This melter almost sent my my house up in flames twice. I exchanged the 1st one thinking it was a fluke, but then it happened again. That was just my experience though...

Jenn

This melter almost sent my my house up in flames twice. I exchanged the 1st one thinking it was a fluke, but then it happened again. That was just my experience though...

Jenn

THANK YOU....I am defintily going to pass on this one! I am going out tonight to get my Turk and Surf...Thanks for everyones help!

Okay so you put a bunch of wax in this cooker and melt it. Do you then pour out melted wax into a pitcher and add FO and color? What I'm wondering is how do you know how much is in your pitcher? When I make some candles I decide how many jars I'm going to fill then I melt that amount of wax, then pour into a pitcher add my ingredients and pour into the jars. Example if I'm pouring 4, 16oz jars I will melt 4 lbs of wax. Is this like the slow way of doing it? This might seem like a dumb question but I have been wondering this for sometime now.

Okay so you put a bunch of wax in this cooker and melt it. Do you then pour out melted wax into a pitcher and add FO and color? What I'm wondering is how do you know how much is in your pitcher? When I make some candles I decide how many jars I'm going to fill then I melt that amount of wax, then pour into a pitcher add my ingredients and pour into the jars. Example if I'm pouring 4, 16oz jars I will melt 4 lbs of wax. Is this like the slow way of doing it? This might seem like a dumb question but I have been wondering this for sometime now.

Hi Coffebean, NO question is a stupid question! Fill your melter with as much wax as you can melt....once it is all melted down, take your pour pot and fill it to however many candles you need....put the dye in stir, add the FO and stir...once at your pour temp, than pour into your jars. When your done, just turn off your melter and leave the wax in it.....this way when you need to make another batch, all you have to do is just turn it on. Now if you mix additives and make your own blend, than you will need to make sure you use an entire batch before adding more wax to the melter.....Hope that made sense.

I think that everyone does it there own way.....mine is little different. I actually have a pour pot that sits on the table with my melter. I have my fragrance and dye already in the pot and know how much wax it takes to fill my jars. I zero out the scale........move over to the melter and pour a pitcher full and then add it to my pour pot that is sitting on the scale. Any leftover I just open the top and pour it back into the melter. Hope I didn't confuse you.

Yep thats pretty much it!...lol

Like someone said...everyone has their own way of doing things. I use the turk n surf and I dont know what I would do without it! I use hex jars and I know that it takes 5lbs of wax to fill a case of my jars. I use the big pouring pots from BCN and if I fill the pouring pot to the top line it is 5lbs of wax. I then add my scent, and color...then pour. The way I do it is basically the same way you described.....only difference is it sounds like you weigh the hard wax out then melt it. I weigh the melted wax in my pouring pot. Get a turk n surf....you will not be dissapointed!!!!!!

Thanks for the tips, geez I was worried someone would make fun of me asking that question, many thanks all.:highfive: Your way sounds so much faster and easier. What I was doing was say I'm going to fill 2- 16oz jars and 2- 8 oz jars, all same scent. I would weigh out 3 lbs of wax melt it in my presto pot. Then in my pouring pitcher I have my color in there. The in little glass measuring cups I weigh out FO. When my wax gets to themp then I pour it over into the pitcher with thermometer til it hits right temp and pour in jars. Now theres other little things I do I left out, I didn't want to get into too much detail and end up writting too much for you to read. Thanks for the shortcuts though. :thumbsup:

I pour out wax out of my turk into my glass coffee pot that has a great spout on it and weight it on my scale and then pour back wax if too much and then I put my coffee pot on a single burner electric eye. I put my digital thermometer in the coffee pot and then add color and fo and stir for two minutes while waiting for the thermometer timer to go off. Pour into my jars and make sure I keep my pour temp consistent.

HTh

Chuck

My husband "god love him" went to a yard sale and bought a 90 cup coffee pot that has a dispenser. He takes my wax and put it in the coffee pot. At this time I am freaking out because I need to finish orders and he is wasting my time. Wax melted just fine I dispensed my wax into my pyrex cups. Mixed my fo and color as usual works like a charm. Takes about an hour to melt and he only paid 2.00 for this coffee pot. I was actually going to buy a melter. Now I don't have to.

Steph