Fbb

smiley_miley

I really wanted to try some to put in a sugar scrub...I am starting to get into bath and body, and I really want to try those sugar scrubs, I have heard so many good things about them! But FBB seems so expensive to buy! Is it worth it? Can it be used in a lot of things? Or is there something I can do or make myself that will make those sugar scrubs foam?

Eek, I need some advice, lol...thanks a lot in advance to anyone who can give me a tip or two! :)

I bought Fbb from Kangaroo Blue and followed their recipe for fbb and fbb sugar scrub. I liked it pretty well. I did substitute turbano sugar for the brown sugar. Here is the recipe if you want to try it:

http://www.kangarooblue.com/kc/foaming_bath_butter.htm

I did like it, but still prefer a regular sugar scrub without the fbb. The fbb is expensive and in order for the product to work well you really have to use a lot of it. I tried making just a small amount and the foaming action was minimal. I read somewhere that you really need to use a large amount and make a large recipe to get great results.

Ann

I use it to make a facial scrub for my teens. I only use about 8 oz whipped with olive squalane and emu oil, add some aloe gel to thin it and add a few drops of TeaTree and lavender essential oil and use ground apricot and jojoba for scrubbiness. I compared it to the expensive scrubs I was buying for them and really couldn't tell a difference ( I use it on my old tired skin and it isn't too drying.) If it lasted very long I would add a preservative but the kids use it pretty fast. The original point was I whip small amounts without any problems.

Although I love the idea of the FBB, i have never been successful in getting a good lather out of it. Heather (Slowburn) makes a really nice body scrub out of it. I know she adds a foam booster to hers although it wasn't as bubbly as what I was imagining. It was more than what i was able to achieve though and is very moisturizing. I love it as a facial scrub!