Pictures of my day's work

dcroome2005

Today, I will post some pictures of some work I am doing today. They won't be nearly as nice as the ones on this gallery.

They arent for sale, just me messing around trying to make something out of nothing.. So promise when I post, you wont laugh LOL

Oh, when I have left over wax, I just pour into a pillar mold so I can burn them later just for the heck of it.. Well hubby did something to one of the crappy pillars I made so I will take a picture later

Christina

OK, Here are some things.. This Red and white pillar with the green stripe is my horrible quick pillar when i had left over wax and did not want to waste and Dave chose to paint green stripes on it. LOL

The next one is a rose (short pillar) mold that I have and Dave decided to paint green on the roses so it looks like holly :-)

The yellow ones are called " Hand Turned Tapers" . Dave made these just now.. We are going to burn one tonight. Now, the wicks, Dave just grabed the longest wick that I had up there which is a 9 " inch , probably wayyyyy to think and long for for this , but leave it to the hubby to not listen to me.. But we will try it.

Christina

Let me know what you think- I want HONESTY!!!! :)

post-1870-139458385323_thumb.jpg

post-1870-139458385325_thumb.jpg

post-1870-139458385327_thumb.jpg

Thank you.

Now- here are some votives that just made. I had left over rings from making swirl pillars and I just broke them apart and made these votives.

They arent wicked yet and they are for me. I was impatient wanting to take pictures so I took the wick pins out before I should have and the tops dont look so great, but that is ok.. I am happy with the results. I like how known of them look the same.

The scent is Christmas Fantasy from Cajun Candle

Christina

post-1870-139458385329_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much. I am blessed to have a hubby who likes to try new things when it comes to candles. As much as he complains day in and day out about my candle messes and the floor of the kitchen looking horrible all the time... He is great at helping out making candles...

Christina

Thanks all

Yeah- i was in a rush with the votive ones. I personally dont like them either but was trying to use some wax up .. All these kind of candles are called my "oopsie" candles. Anything that doesnt come out good enough goes into that pile. That is where my hubby's family and my family will get them for free... hehehe My friends do to. They just know better then to show them off to anyone else unless they show the good ones.

My sister in law is said to me today " So when am I gonna quit getting the oopsie candles and get some really nice ones for my family room" I said " when you start paying me" LOL I will make her some for Christmas and give them to her but family or not, they pay for the good stuff. I may not charge them what I would charge a regular customer, but I am already in the RED with this because I just started out! :-)

Christina