My new primitive Christmas soap

mountainmadness

I found this primitive recipe and it used to be a holiday tradition for gift giving. It is different than what I am used to making but I am happy with the way it turned out. The smell is wonderful. I did a blend of scents. It contains fresh goats milk, real cranberries, oatmeal, brown sugar, & honey.... with my normal oils. I am going to have it at my next Christmas show. We will see how it sells.

Thanks for looking.

post-459-1394583849_thumb.jpg

I am selling them in a three bar stack. It is 17-18 oz. of soap. I will sell it for $15.00. I will let you know how they sell at my show next weekend. My mom came over and I gave her a stack. She called last night and said that her kitchen smelled so good because she put the soap next to her sink in a wooden bowl.

I plan on making 2 more primitive batches: 1) Christmas Pine (with goats milk, honey, brown sugar, oatmeal, real pine needles, and pine EO and 2) Orange & Cloves (with goats milk, honey, brown sugar, oatmeal, orange peel, ground clove, orange EO, and clove EO).

I am the most excited about the pine because I have never seen anything like it before.

lindsaycb- I sent you a pm.

Clove is a tricky one. I have had successful batches but I do an orange and clove mix... I have never used clove by itself.

The cranberries although they are dried when you soap with them they soften up. They are not rough at all. I did not put in a whole bunch though. I have a bar at the kitchen sink now and I just pull the cranberry out when I come to one in the bar. Believe it or not, the cranberries do add a sweet, tart scent to the bar.

This is not soap that I normally make but I really liked the idea of it being a Christmas tradition. I love antiques and history! I couldn't help myself! :)

Hmmm... Mine was mixed with orange too.. Will have to try again when I'm back up and running!

I imagine it smells devine! Wanting a cranberry scented candle is how I got started in this whole thing! And after years of searching, I finally found my cranberry fo that smells superb!

Boy I love the smells of Christmas!