Soy candle???

I do soy and they do burn nice and told the scent throw is awesome.Repeat customers.

I find that about the end of my burning time the rim gets black.Still not all the candles. Not the whole jar either just the rim. I do sometimes burn longer than 3 hours and I don't trim my wick everytime.Will help with the mushrooming

I check for soot around my cupboards where i burn and it is clean and sides of the jar are clean but what could cause this.Fragrance, not trimming every time(sure customers dont either),burning to long or ANY other ideas to help with this problem.I want this pass this along to my customers.

Thank You

LynnS

I thought about overwicking and did try a smaller wick.OK but there was some slight residue on the sides. Not perfectly clean but a little bit of wax. So back to square one what to do. Also l think I get a better scent throw with the med wick. Maybe just me though????

Yes tried 2 size wicks(small/med) It is the 8 ounce JJ.The 10 ounce classic does the same thing and the rim on that is smaller than the 8 ounce JJ. So understand that.

You did answer another thing it could be.Wick size and working on that. A wholesale customer is concerned and should be.She wants the candles and we are trying to come up with a solution and what is causing this. She did trim her wick. She might go with the small wick after she tests the one I sent her.

Thanks

LynnS

1 ounce per lb and never needed to add more. Once in awhile might be just a slight bit more but nothing to make the black soot.I never have used what some use.1.5 ounces.See no need to.

Could this also be the scents? Most don't do it like others. Much lighter but we talk about some fragrances I believe that could cause it.Seems I heard or read that too.If that is the case some mighty good FO's would have to go and don't want to do that.

LynnS

I have found that my candles were sooting around the candle jar...I couldn't...for a long time...figure out why.I think I did..I never used to put the wick out using the meltpool(dipping it into it)I used to blow out my candles and put the lid on.This is what I found what was causing the soot on my candles.The other thing it could be is the type of jar you use..sometimes the smoke collects to the sides of the jar..especially at the end of the candle.

HTH...Kimmeroo:smiley2:

Another cause is humidity in the air. I can burn the exact same candle as my sister who lives in a drier climate and she will get no soot on the glass and I'll get it every time. The only difference is I live in high humidity. It doesn't happen with every scent. I never cover my candles after I burn them once so I know it's not that causing it. It also happened when I wicked way down. I hate it, but I'm learning to live with it!