Cactus & Sea Salt

Soapymomma

Sorry to reply to my own post, but this description cracks me up. Here is what Indiana has to say about the scent:

One of the most unique scents you will ever smell, this modernized version of a classic summer theme stimulates the senses with its freshness and vitality. The new botanical twist of an oceanic accord has dramatic tones of cactus with fresh green elements and unexpected texture. This vibrant green quality creates a shimmering top note that accents the fragrance signature of fresh sea spray. Unexpected salty accents add newness to the blend while elements of sea moss and warm driftwood create rich undertones that support the fragrance from within.

T: shimmering green cactus, ocean air

M: sea spray, sea salt

B: driftwood, sea moss

Would somone please tell me what warm driftwood smells like? LOL! I grew up by the beach and never thought to smell the driftwood or the sea moss for that matter.:laugh2:

It sounds like they are saying that the scent is a combination of ocean and desert smells. It still sounds interesting. I'd love to hear from anyone who has used it in anything.

Soapymomma

I make a ton of body sprays for one particular customer in that scent. She constantly re-orders it. To me, it smells like a day out at the beach. When you are all tan & rested & sleepy from the fresh ocean air & your hair looks all beachy & curly & cool & your lungs feel refreshed from breathing that ocean air all day.

IMO, the one from ICS is much better (stronger and cleaner) than the JS one. The ICS one is a clean green scent, with a salty air background. I love it. I personally smell more of the cactus than the sea salt, but everyone's nose is different.

Next time you are at the beach, pick up some driftwood and sniff. It definintely has a smell!

I love it! I got some after another person mentioned doing a review for it....

It is a very clean scent.... it lasts and lasts too. I made it in a tart and that thing is still going strong a third day. I have moved it to a bedroom at this point.

Everyone's descriptions seem to be right on.

It reminds me of salty sea air...but different (must be the cactus... haha). It is awesome though! And a new fav of mine.

Funny, I have tried and tested both Cactus & Sea Salts from ICS and JS and I have found these results:

A. JS smells wayyyy wayyy better OOB, ICS has some weird chemical scent to it.

B. JS smells alot stronger in lotion and doesn't have that chemical smell the ICS one has, which I do pick up in the lotion with the ICS scent.

C. JS throws so much stronger in pure soywax than the ICS one.

D. The JS scent burns a whole lot cleaner in my soy than the ICS did, the ICS scent left a lot of soot on my jar for some odd reason.

E. In cp soap and salt bars the JS scent is out of this world GOOD! The ICS didn't fair to well as its not very strong, and it also just doesn't smell as good. I can't even try and pass these off as the same scent in soap as the ICS is just so much weaker and has a weird smell to it in comparison, side by side with the JS one.

Overall, the JS scent has a better, cleaner smell to it where as I think the ICS scent smells more like a cheap perfume smell. Now I will agree they smell very similar but like I said, ICS' has a cheap smell to it, along with that funky chemical smell.

I was really hoping the ICS would be comparable just for the price factor, myself, but that's not the case, I will have to stick with the JS C&SS.