huh?

ajna

http://www.jazzygirl.biz/index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=6&PHPSESSID=627e80bb70f531c917884ad74de92c52

did i miss somthing about soy candles? im just starting out with soy, but never heard anything about candles "blooming" cause the high quality of the fragrance. :confused:

You didn't miss a thing. That's a lovely little marketing ploy that soy folks like to use to excuse the crappy way their candles look!! :) I'm not saying to not use soy.. just spend some time to learn that there are ways to avoid that look.. and be careful of how you market your candles. You can fool some of the people some of the time.... ;) Just my 2cents!

I make soy candles and try to AVOID that look. Usually it means the candle cooled too fast or it was poured at the wrong temp or something. If my tops look like that I fix them or remelt them.:P

Natural beeswax with nothing else added will get bloom which is a white powdery film that coats it when it sits around a bit, so maybe someone figured that if they called that messed up looking soy bloomed it would make it sound more natural too. I don't know, but I think it looks like crap and should be avoided if you have pride in the appearance of your candles. LOL!

I don't mind a little frosting with soy, but a few weeks ago I had such frosting, I had to remelt them all. Frosting naturally occurs in soy, I saw Beanpod candles with frost.

I think that bloom is BS, and so is the "triple scented" hype.

I had a lady ask me to triple scent her candles, I had to explain that wax can only hold a certain % of oil.

:angry2: