Fundraiser Help

diamondk

I will be meeting with a person this weekend about a possible fundraiser. I have searched and I am still not finding everything I think I need to know or suggest to this woman.

1. How many scents should I suggest to her to have?

2. Should I offer more than one size of container?

3. Should I hae a fundraiser form or can I use just my regular order sheets?

Any and all help or suggestions will be much appreciated since I have never done a fundraiser before.

TIA

I would think on the first two - it depends on the size of fundraiser. For every $250 expected, have 1 scent. For a $1000, offer 4 scents and so on, until maybe a 8 or 10 scent cap.

For containers, I have thought about my limit and I was thinking one per $800 expected ordered, until a 4 size cap.

I think on number 3, it's more professional looking to have a fundraiser form, and you can get specific details in there, you might not otherwise.

Again, just what I've thought about myself for when the time comes, but I don't have any actual experience.

When I do a fundraiser I tell them to select 10 scents. I only use 1 size jar. Usually the 10oz apothecary jar. It is better to use a form for fundraisers that has a place for the name of person and then there are colums with all the scents listed, in color of candle, where they select how many. On the bottom of the form I list the scents with a definition of them.

http://www.candlecauldron.com/fundraisers.html

this will give you info on fundraising along with forms to use

I offer only 6 scents on any fundraiser. I supply the scent list they can choose from because some of my FO's are more $$ than others and I try to offer only FO's I can get pretty quick in the event I run out...etc..

I only offer 2 candle sizes and they can do one or both of them.

I have always used the fundraiser forms from the candle cauldron...they are wonderful!

I offer one to two items for my fundraisers. So they can have say an 8oz and a 16oz if they want. Lately its been mostly the 8oz.

Then I offer up to 10 scents. Thats for both candles combined-- not 20 scents-- only 10. I let them choose which they want.

I make up tally sheets for them and a custom contract. The contract has the agreed upon dates of the fundraiser, contact info, terms, ending dates, and delivery dates and address. The tally sheets are for the sellers and another sheet for the total candle tally or order sheet. They fill that out with their order and pay me.

The fundraisers I've done have been about two weeks for the actual fundraiser and then another 2-4 weeks to make and deliver the candle order. All that date info is negotiated and put in the contract. I don't make a single candle until I get the final tally order and my money.

So far that has been working for me. I like things in writing and it makes the fundraiser run more smoothly.

The fewer choices you offer, the more you minimize the opportunity for errors, such as people checking the wrong scent or size on the order form. Personally, I think 4-6 scent choices and only one size option are best.

I think it's a good idea to have seperate order sheets for the fundraiser specifying when payment is due and how long it will take before orders are filled.

I gave a list of 20 scents and let them pick 6 to 10. I only have one size jar. I also use the form from The Candle Cauldron but I print on both sides. On the back left side I have the fragrance descriptions and on the right side my logo and what group the fundraiser is for. They can then fold it in half and have it all in a reasonable size sheet to carry around.

I use the candle cauldron forms also (tweaked to my specifications). I only offer one size jar and give them 10 scents to choose from and they can offer 6-8 scents. I purposely chose a 9 oz. hex jar (that I initially had when I first started making candles) and it doesn't interefere with my current product line. I really enjoy fundraisers. I know Kimberly has a very, very successful one, maybe she can chime in with some tips.

I usually offer 10 scents. I pick them, from what I see tends to sell the best and a nice range to choose from (fruity, floral, clean, spicy, bakery, etc)

I also offer two size jars, but the 10oz outsells the 16oz by so much that I am probably not going to offer that size anymore.

All checks are made out to the organization, not me.

I also make "sniffies". I pour my votive wax into a wax lined cookie sheet and score the wax while it's still warm into roughly 1" squares. I buy 1" polypro ziploc bags and everyone gets an 6x9 envelope with an order form and the sniffies. I hate dealing with the sniffies, but IMO, they have increased the fundraiser sales.

I definitely agree the sniffies increase sales. My last one I made them in the 1oz portion cups and they just loved them. Since each one selling has 10 of the cups I did charge them for them for they didn't mind that one bit.

They did also want to try 2 size jars so chose the jj as the 2nd one but most of the ones selling just marked them out and said they were not available. The person in charge said never again would they have 2 sizes.