Gold Canyon in trouble..

This is why we have so many unemployed Americans!!:mad:

Makes me sick!!!

People should BAN GC!!!!

I hope the story is put on CNN!!!

ETS: I hope the get hit with a hefty fine!!!

Then maybe they will hire Americans from now on!!!

And whats up with all the felons.... Boy.. they don't seem to picky about who they hire!!!

This is why we have so many unemployed Americans!!:mad:

Makes me sick!!!

People should BAN GC!!!!

I hope the story is put on CNN!!!

ETS: I hope the get hit with a hefty fine!!!

Then maybe they will hire Americans from now on!!!

And whats up with all the felons.... Boy.. they don't seem to picky about who they hire!!!

I totally agree. Gold Canyon has always been my mentor, but more companies need to be be caught for breaking this law. And yeah, what is up with the felons. I would sure hate to work somewhere that is not careful who they hire and work next to felons! Where my husband works the guys have background checks and drug testing done before they are hired. He works as a Mercedes technician.

Doesn't surprise me one bit! I've always thought GC way sneaky and underhanded, now this.

I don't think the statement means that they hired past felons, but b/c thes people were using others identities to get hired there, that consitutes a felony.

Not excusing GC in any way, but if you have a "legit" identity, that hasn't been flagged as stolen, it would be pretty hard for GC to just "know" that it wasn't their identity.

As far as hiring illegals-don't get me started. I can't even get a friggin' job in my town b/c I don't speak ESPANOL! :rolleyes2

IMO, these large companies don't care who they hire, because that type of labor will work for min. wage....background checks are probably scant at best, plus with all the companies that do hire illegals, they probably figured they wouldn't get caught, because they all do it and there are not enough law enforcement personnel to keep up with it.

Glad they got busted.

I use to work for a Govt contractor that started out hiring line mechanics only if they had some military experience....now, if you are breathing, you have a job.

It's a known fact that a lot of people work in the Phoenix area are not there legally. My inlaws live there and when we visited we drove past several areas where people hang out waiting for someone to drive past and offer them jobs to work for next to nothing.

This happens in Atlanta GA also. When we first moved up here I was like what is going on with all these people hanging out.

Same in Chandler, AZ. We have one whole street lined with people who jump up and down and wave their hands everytime you go by (hoping you'll stop and offer them a job). I'm not sure how they're even allowed to be there and it's sort of a given that they're not here legally.

Same in Chandler, AZ. We have one whole street lined with people who jump up and down and wave their hands everytime you go by (hoping you'll stop and offer them a job). I'm not sure how they're even allowed to be there and it's sort of a given that they're not here legally.

The Home Depot on Thomas & 38th St was like that till they put up no loitering signs then the crowd moved next door to Wal-Mart - I guess they don't mind since they haven't taken any steps to stop it. Did you hear about Pruitt's Furniture Store just west of the same Home Depot? The crowd was hanging out in their parking lot & the store started losing customers cause they were so harrassed by the day workers. Pruitt's put out security guards and got the local police to run them off but they just moved across the street and started massive picketing against Pruitt's every weekend. It finally stopped after several weeks = these protesters should have been arrested but freedom of speech = their right to free speech trumped Pruitt's rights to do business.....WTF!!

There is a video out there on the net I have seen of a guy who offers a job to a truckload of "day workers" - he picks them up off the street and, instead of his house to build a deck like he said he drives them to the local INS office - when they see where they have been taken they take off running in every direction!