To color or not to color?

To color or not to color?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. To color or not to color?

• colored
    • not colored

Well I think Im being faced with beginner questions again LOL. My business is on hold for a while until my financial issues get worked out, but since Ive had a lot of free time Ive been thinking about a lot of things. I use 100% soy and have always colored my candles. Yes they frost, but most dont mind it. Now that I have the time, Ive been trying to make a plan for when things get back on track.......and so I was thinking when I start making more inventory should I color or not. I can see positives on both sides so Im kinda stuck and was wondering what everyone else thinks.

Do you prefer uncolored candles or candles with color?

I too have been evaluating my candles and what vision I have for them this year. I just talked this over with my business partner (mom):smiley2: and I did not color last year, except for my light purple lilac candle. This year I will not color either but am going to move away from the square masons. They have been good to me but I need change. I think no color gives them a more eco frienly appeal.

Natalie

This has recently been discussed as a quick search would show. ;)

Check here...

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71861&highlight=color

Thank you Stella. I did see that one, but I started this one for several reasons.

1) that one was a few months ago, and as said as it sounds times are harder on everyone.....and with that you re-evaluate your cost and that would cut down on one.

2) it wasn't a poll, and some find it easier to answer a poll then type an answer.

I am just stuck on this decision.

WOW! Right now the poll is exactly half and half..... I did not realize that there was so many that was color-free. I do prefer color. I am a color person....LOL

I am going to take my own poll on my testers and see what they think about color free. Maybe a possibility!

Emily

We tried a line of uncolored, "eco" friendly candles a while ago... as well as sold our regular colored candles. I sold maybe 1 uncolcored candle, to about every 20 colored.

Our customers like color,, it's a powerful suggestion tool in selling.

Our wholesalers also like color. They felt even in decorating a shelf with greenery, ivy, flowers or signs... that uncolored candles were boring.

If you are considering no color in all of your soy candles and you sell locally, I would go to a store where they have lots of candles for sale and ask them which sells better. You can also ask others who are selling in your area. Different areas are going to produce different results. My area, they would rather have the uncolored. I sell 3 x as many uncolored soy as I do colored palm at the same price and I personally think the palm is so much prettier. I used to color the soy, but it seems they would always pick up the uncolored ones...works for me, less work and little or no frosting!