Need ideas and suggestions for my new workspace

Hi all,

at the end of the month (I hope) I'll move in a new house, and I'll have a big room just for me and my candles, so I can leave the kitchen alone LOL

What in your experience do you find most useful in furnitures, tables, cabinets.... whatever comes to your mind! I have to start from zero since I don't have anything to put in there yet!

TIA!

I have one wall of shelves for storage, 3 tables: one table for wicking and pouring, one table has my wax under it in bins & boxes and the presto pots, single burners, scale and heat gun plugged in, one table for packaging it has ribbon holders, shrink wrap, shipping boxes underneath, tape and whatever else I need for shipping.

I think I could use a couple more tables...lol...and more shelves but I havent gotten there yet.

I also bought a big trash can and the big bags to put in so I'm not taking garbage out everyday. I dont mind the little can for the kitchen but since candle stuff doesnt smell bad I like using the really big bags.

Make sure the electricity is wired correctly to run everything efficiently, I ran into that problem and my dad had to rewire everything for me.

Good Luck and have fun!

Kim

Get all your work tables second hand and really cheap as they get messed up anyway. All my shelving etc is second hand too so it doesn't cost much to set up. You have to check your wiring, I agree as too much output keeps tripping your mains switch. You should set it out how you minimise on time getting around, if possible. I pack inside my house but do all my candle making from a huge garage.

I got industrial shelving with steel uprights and plywood shelves but instead of building it 6 foot high I built it in (2) 3 foot high sections. That is my work table with shelves below for storage of supplies, jars, wicks, etc. I covered it with .020 thick plastic so it cleans up nicely when I slop.

thanks girls!

A table with shelves underneath it is a good idea, never thought of that.

I was thinking about shelves but not the open ones, so dust wont' cover everything.

I still have problems organizing scents, looking for some manner to find what I need quickly.

Good point about wires and such. I will have a sort of little fireplace that will heat the room, so I can burn paper as I use it to wipe things.

I can't wait!!!!

I love the work bench from Sam's club. I have 3 of them. One is for melting wax, and 2 are for my candle holders I make. Then DH made me a 9' x 48" work table to pour on with shelves under them all the way around. My chunks and waxes go under that table. I have many walls of shelves for storage and the fo's go on a shelf by themselves in alphabetical order. Also under the shelves on the walls I store containers of wax there. I have one room with wire racks (from Sam's) with all my glass containers on them. Also, those under the shelves wire bins from Home Depot or Lowe's come in real handy to put small things like votives, melts and tealights.

Have fun with designing your room. As mentioned before you need the electrical right or when you turn on you heat gun the lights could flicker.

Rae

thanks again to everyone.

I have the measurement of the room now, I'm going to draw something to see what I can really put in there. Since it will be in the basement I want my computer there also, so if I need to check something I don't have to run up and down stairs!