i made a mistake..

pureblisscandles

Well I was making a batch of Pineapple ginger and got very distracted and accidently made my pineapple ginger orange instead of yellow.....really do not want to sell it as orange so thought I would rename this batch another name that would be appropriate ....I was thinking of Autumn spice or something but Pineapple Ginger smells nothing like Autumn so any ideas or suggestions would be great....my brain is fried right now:undecided !

oh..thank u so much everyone.....you guys are good, now to decide!!!

Is it really that big of a deal? One batch and you want to rename it?

Oh I am not renaming it.....I am just going to label this one batch with the new name and say while supplies last......It is still going to be pineapple ginger I just do not want it to be on the shelf with all the other pineapple gingers and be a different color, KWIM? Knowing my luck nobody will like Pineapple ginger but love the other.......lol

oh..thank u so much everyone.....you guys are good, now to decide!!!

Oh I am not renaming it.....I am just going to label this one batch with the new name and say while supplies last......It is still going to be pineapple ginger I just do not want it to be on the shelf with all the other pineapple gingers and be a different color, KWIM? Knowing my luck nobody will like Pineapple ginger but love the other.......lol

And you don't think your customers would notice that it was the same fragrance but with a different name. Renaming is one thing but telling your customers it is a limited item, until supplies last would not sit right with me. As a customer, I would notice and I'd call you on it. I would rather appreciate maybe a bit of a discount off the candle since the color is off. Put it on the "oopsie shelf" and let your customers get a bit of deal. Those that might have been a bit reluctant to try it might just try it for a discounted price.

I say leave it. That it the beauty and nature of hand crafted items. No 2 batches are ever the same. The look changes, but the quality doe not (or should I say that it should not).

I've done that before on the coloring. I clearance it out and say it was not the color we chose for that scent. I get my money back on it at least.

When I have a particular scent and color in mind, I'm not going to carry both with different names. I just clearance it.

Some I've used as advertising by giving them away to people who come into the Boutique and purchase over $50 of merchandise.

I've never had more than one set of mis-colored. Maybe 4 8oz and 4 4oz, so to me, it's no big deal. The free candle is cheaper advertising than anything else I could do.

You never know, some customers might prefer the candle goof over the normal version you sell. It's only in your head--not the customer's as to what right color the candle should be--at least in this situation; now if you made a grape candle and colored it orange, then yes, that's likely to cause a problem.

Selling the same candle with a different name and candle could also be viewed as marketing research. Candle companies do it all of the time, but with them it's intentional and people get paid very well to do it.

I did that this past summer only with fragrance oil too! Put the wrong one in and the wrong color. Don't know where my head was that day. Made up a spa name for my 'accident' soap and sold it at the farmers market that weekend. Every last soap of that batch sold out. Turned out my mistake was serendipity.

Hmmm... another good name... Serendipity.;)